Help please -- questions re entertaining in our suite

Turtles06

Hi everyone and Happy New Year!

My wife and I will soon be doing a Panama Canal sailing on the Jewel. We've been extremely lucky to be able to book a forward-facing SE Penthouse suite in the bow, and we are thinking about inviting a small group of people over mid-afternoon during the Canal transit. Ideally, we'd like to have some snacks on hand, as well as some beer and soda.

We've never used a butler before except for room service for ourselves, so my first question is whether we would arrange this with the butler. (I assume so.) Also, I'm sure we would have to pay for the beverages, but would there be a charge for snack food? (No problem if so, I'm just trying to get the basic info.)

Thanks in advance for any info, advice, etc., and again, Happy New Year!

(And don't worry, we will tip the butler appropriately! :) )

We've done entertaining in our suite before and have just asked the butler for some finger food, cheese and crackers, fruit etc and its never been a problem.

Ditto - we were in the Owner's Suite on the Star for the Panama Canal and did the exact same thing. We had over 20 people in our room for the second set of locks and the spread that was put out on our dining room table was amazing! Charge to us - $0. Your butler should be able to do something for you without having to order from the catering menu.

We did a small cocktail hour in our cabin on the Spirit during last Springs Transatlantic.

We just gave the butler about two days notice and he arranged everything.

27205334181_3706f95e9d_b.jpg

27241597846_66368b30a5_b.jpg

26668380454_f350468419_b.jpg

We were also in an OS so the liquor bottles came with the room.

Total cost = $0.00 + big tip.

Mark

Hi everyone and Happy New Year!

My wife and I will soon be doing a Panama Canal sailing on the Jewel. We've been extremely lucky to be able to book a forward-facing SE Penthouse suite in the bow, and we are thinking about inviting a small group of people over mid-afternoon during the Canal transit. Ideally, we'd like to have some snacks on hand, as well as some beer and soda.

We've never used a butler before except for room service for ourselves, so my first question is whether we would arrange this with the butler. (I assume so.) Also, I'm sure we would have to pay for the beverages, but would there be a charge for snack food? (No problem if so, I'm just trying to get the basic info.)

Thanks in advance for any info, advice, etc., and again, Happy New Year!

(And don't worry, we will tip the butler appropriately! :) )

So glad you asked this question as I'm wondering about this myself. We are booked in an aft facing SF Penthouse Suite next year, our first ever NCL sailing. I would like to have some snacks so we can invite my brother's family during the 2 sea days while watching the wake.

We sailed in a suite to the Holy Land in 2011 on Celebrity & had 2 small parties onboard during the 2 weeks we were sailing. One was a get together with CC friends & my cousin's birthday. Our butler took care of the preparation & of course he was treated very well!

We had the same cabin as you on the Pearl last fall and did a little entertaining.

The butler will look after all you needs for sure, make sure you have him leave lots of coffee, we ran out! It may be worth while having him top up the water in the coffee maker too. We are on this cruise and will see you at the meet & greet.