How are tables assigned in Club Class Dining?

JudithLynne

Lots of speculation from those who haven't enjoyed CC! In my opinion, CC dining is for people who want to eat as they would at a restaurant. If you want to sit with other people, sign up for TD...I'm sure they will accommodate you. We eat early, we were in the CC dining room between 5;30 and 6:00pm every night, and we always had one of two tables. I'm sure if we had picked another table for 2, we could have had it...but I wasn't there to tell the wait staff how to manage their dining room. Again, I will say that we totally enjoyed CC dining, it is the only way we will travel on a big ship, the food was very good, the staff was very pleasant and helpful...NO complaints. And if it doesn't appeal to you, or you think it is too expensive, don't do it. There are those of us who have experienced it and enjoyed it. I haven't seen a complaint from anyone who has partaken.

Sounds like we have a WINNER with CC dining! That is what we like about dinning and look forward to our cruise in Jan 2017 around South America.

No

Yes and Yes

We dined after the 7pm show each night. At that time, we noticed about 4 couples who regularly migrated between sharing tables between them after getting to know each other. We noticed a table for 6 shared once, but generally we noticed that they kept a table for 4 free for couples who wanted to share with another couple. They are quite adaptable to the preferences of their diners, and learn what you like within a night or two to offer you your choices accordingly...to give you an example, on one night the table for 4 that always was shared by passengers wanting to share was full when a couple walked in. The head waiter knowing that they like company asked them if they would like to sit at a larger table and someone may join them soon, or would they like a table for 2 by the window for a change, or would they like the table for 2 next to the couple they were dining with the previous night (the one they chose). To be perfectly honest, most of the table for 2 are they long row of 8 across the back booth. So you end up talking with the tables next to you as though they are all one table anyway. They are cleaver to seat those that like segregation away from others, or on the other side against the wall. All part of the service....

This is VERY good to know for CC since we would always like to share when possible! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen this one around the threads, and as I've only just noticed it myself I thought I'd post it here...

We have 2 future bookings with Princess, one in a standard mini-suite, and one in a club class minisute.

On the Standard mini-suite booking (Sapphire Princess), our Dining options in the personalizer are as usual

* Anytime Dining

* Traditional Dining (+ select preferred time, and table size)

On the Club Class mini-suite booking (Golden Princess, our Dining options in the personalizer are

* Club Class Dining

Didn't notice the option change on the previous cruise, perhaps because we were in a full suite. We just rocked up to club class dining, our names and cabin were on the Sheet, and we were shown to the tables.

I wonder if you select Tradional Dining as a Club class passenger, if you will still get club class access (ie - your name and cabin will be on the "let me in" sheet)....I would assume so, but.....?

On the Club Class mini-suite booking (Golden Princess, our Dining options in the personalizer are

* Club Class Dining

But if you are traveling with others who are not in Club Class but are in Anytime, you also need an option for regular Anytime unless Club Class lets you choose the "great unwashed" side of the dining room if you wish.