How do I book restaurants with a package?

brad_p

I have pre-paid for a 3 Night Dining Package and choose a first booking time on the second night.

I was to go and book the other two restaurants via the cruise planner but it wants to charge me to select Wonderland, Chops etc.

How can I book a time without being changed again for the speciality restaurants? I don't want to miss out by booking on the ship as all the best times will be taken.

That's the catch with the packages; you can't really book what you want in advance. When you booked the package it asked you to choose a time (let's pretend that was 7PM). That means you will get 3 restaurants guaranteed with a 7PM booking. The bad news is you can't book them in advance, you can only book them once you get onboard.

That's how RCI screws you over if you buy the package. If you are willing to pay full price then you can book everything in advance, if you wait then you get your time saved, but that's it. You have to wait until you get on and hope your restaurant choices are available at your time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The first day that you board the ship, go to the restaurant that you have booked for the first night. Set up your dining reservations for the rest of your cruise at that time. The restaurant reservation system is linked, so that you can make them from that one location.

It is unlikely that the good times won't be available. If they aren't, just make them on that first day, and you will likely be able to change them later on.:)