Can I bring a refillable water bottle

6 hours ago, CrazyCruiser65 said:

To the cruisers that have filled their insulated water bottles and taken them off the ship for day excursions ..... have you refilled them on shore and had any problems bringing them back onto the ship because "they're full" ???

Generally, yes, they will have you empty it.  Don't want a bottle of vodka being brought onboard.

7 hours ago, CrazyCruiser65 said:

To the cruisers that have filled their insulated water bottles and taken them off the ship for day excursions ..... have you refilled them on shore and had any problems bringing them back onto the ship because "they're full" ???

You probably will be asked to empty so they know it’s not vodka/gin - can really depend on the actual security guard working and how strict he/she wants to be.  

I carry an actual bottle of water off the ship with me (I never buy bottled water, but RC gives these to me in my cabin).  I have NEVER been questioned in any way, shape or form when my bag goes through the scanner when I return to the ship.

On 1/3/2017 at 5:11 AM, TravelerThom said:

The only liquids that are within the rules to bring on-board are 2 bottles of wine. All other liquids (beer, water, soda, whisky, you name it) are not officially allowed. This prohibition is rarely enforced against non-alcoholic liquids, but is enforced against alcoholic liquids that come to their attention. Although some cordials have no more alcohol than some wines, they are based on neutral grain alcohol and therefore are not wines. If noticed, IMO a bottle of cordial would probably be confiscated and (if unopened) returned to you at the end of the cruise. They MIGHT allow a bottle of cordial to pass as one of your two bottles, especially if you point out in a non-confrontational tone that the alcohol content is lower than the other bottle that you are bringing. But be prepared to have it confiscated. As always YMMV.

Now I'm wondering about Port which is wine, but fortified with neutral grain spirits:confused:

Thom

Actually up to 12 17oz containers of non-alcholic beverages are allowed per stateroom. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I carry an actual bottle of water off the ship with me (I never buy bottled water, but RC gives these to me in my cabin).  I have NEVER been questioned in any way, shape or form when my bag goes through the scanner when I return to the ship.

Sounds like profiling to me.