Regal Princess- Best deck for balcony cabins ?

sinned19

All of them are completely covered. Every deck is essentially the same. I personally loved being on Emerald deck in E701. Paid for an unobstructed view balcony but it was completely unobstructed. I was just a stairway away from Promenade deck. Some balconies on Emerald deck are very obstructed. Those in the 700's aren't.

I agree with Pam. There are some balcony unubstructed view cabins on Emerald deck that don't have an ubstruction. Also on Dolphin deck midship are extended balcony cabins that are great. You'll pay more so it depends if a larger balcony is worth it to you. Our party stayed in D424, D428, and D410. Loved the extra room on the balcony.

All of them are completely covered. Every deck is essentially the same. I personally loved being on Emerald deck in E701. Paid for an unobstructed view balcony but it was completely unobstructed. I was just a stairway away from Promenade deck. Some balconies on Emerald deck are very obstructed. Those in the 700's aren't.

We just booked E701 for a 10 day cruise in October. :D

Cheers, Denise

My wife and I did the Regal out of B'klyn NY Oct 2015 and we loved it. The ship was great. Had a balcony on the Dolphin deck and it was great. All the ports were wonderful and The B'klyn port from which we departed was very easy for parking and for traveling in and out of. Try not to go to far into October since it could be chilly in Canada and in New England.

I am one of those people that HATE the balconies on the Royal class ships and would only book these ships if a handful of cabins are available. They are all midship under the seaview bar or seawalk. Don't really care if they can see me on my balcony. The other balconies are tiny. I spend a lot of time out there and will not book any other cabins on these ships. Even when we opened the divided between balconies (family had side by side cabins) I felt like I was running an obstacle course around the furniture.

(Rant over)

I know others don't mind so you will need to decide if it's important to you.

My wife and I did this cruise in 10/16. Had great weather and the ocean was flat. We had a mini suite on the Lido which we prefer. Booked the left side of the ship which ws a mistake. Book the right side especially sailing out of Brooklynn.

We did the eastern Caribbean in Dec. 2016 on the Regal. Our cabin was M-629.. I agree the balcony was pretty small, but I am the one who sits outside. The one thing we didn't like about the Regal was the Horizon Ct. too spread out and too many different aisles to go for food. The salad was in so many different locations. It was like trying to navigate a maze.

My wife and I did this cruise in 10/16. Had great weather and the ocean was flat. We had a mini suite on the Lido which we prefer. Booked the left side of the ship which ws a mistake. Book the right side especially sailing out of Brooklynn.

Why was it a mistake to book the left side out of Brooklyn? Our TA advised us to book the left side. Based on what you said I am thinking of changing our cabin

Why was it a mistake to book the left side out of Brooklyn? Our TA advised us to book the left side. Based on what you said I am thinking of changing our cabin

The right side or Starboard side would afford views of the city skyline and the Statue of Liberty.