Escape St. Thomas

Slyfox16

I'm so glad I saw this thread!! I really want to do a Snorkel Excursion with the Fury Charter that docks in Yacht Haven Grande and I read somewhere that the Escape docks in Crown Bay. Docking at 8am with an 8:30am snorkel tour at the other dock would have been almost impossible. I'm so excited to hear that we can just walk to this tour now! Turtles, here I come!!

I'm so glad I saw this thread!! I really want to do a Snorkel Excursion with the Fury Charter that docks in Yacht Haven Grande and I read somewhere that the Escape docks in Crown Bay. Docking at 8am with an 8:30am snorkel tour at the other dock would have been almost impossible. I'm so excited to hear that we can just walk to this tour now! Turtles, here I come!!

We went with them last year, it was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you want to find out which dock your ship is using, this website tells you which pier the ship is using: vinow dot com / cruise/ship-schedule/

Edited by shof515

The OP was probably asking whether Escape docks at Havensight (it does) or Crown Bay (it doesn't).

222.jpg

^^ Havensight

This picture shows Havensight in the foreground. If you look straight toward the top of the picture between the back two ships you can see two more cruise liners docked at Crown Bay.

Certain lines always use Crown Bay, others never use it, NCL docks at Havensight.

I looked into the Snorkel Excursion and it does look great. However, if the Escape docks at 8 and the tour leaves at 8:30, isn't it cutting it short? Is it possible that the Escape arrives later than 8?
I am concerned about that as well. I'm going to email the charter company and get their thoughts on what would happen if we docked late, or it takes too long to disembark. Honestly, I'm willing to take the risk and lose out on the money. This cruise is for my 40th birthday!!

• 2 weeks later...

FYI: We were in St. Thomas last Dec, 2015 on the ESCAPE. Our sailing excursion time was 8:30. I, too was worried we wouldn't make it across the island to board by 8:30am. The owner of excursion assured me that they would wait. They have been in business for years and are very used to working with all the cruise lines. We used the taxi recommended by the Nightwinds excursion company. We sent an e-mail, and received a confirmation from the taxi company. We got off the ship as soon as allowed, and our driver was standing there waiting for us, holding a chalkboard with our name. There were 15 of us from the ship, and we all boarded and were on the road in minutes. We arrived in a timely manner, and boarded the sailboat. He had us back to the marina in plenty of time. And he called our taxi (van) driver to let him know as we were sailing back in to the marina. He was waiting for us when we arrived. We were back to the ship long before we needed to be.