Newbie needing help deciding! Fantasy or Triumph?

simplyblessed

I have been on both of these ships and also the dream and magic. I would pick the fantasy over the triumph. The main reason is my son is 9 and he loves the waterworks water slide. Triumph does not have waterworks. Also the triumph does not have serenity. They are smaller ships compared to the dream and I honestly like the smaller ships better. They do not seem as crowded. We have never experienced seasickness on either ship. The dream and magic were great but there were just sooo many people. If your 2 kids enjoy the waterpark then Fantasy would be perfect for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

We have cruised on both the larger ships and the Fantasy Class ships (15 Carnival cruises so far with three booked in 2017). The most crowded was Sunshine (long lines everywhere!!! and on departure day, not a single seat available on Lido Deck). We have settled on Fantasy Class ships and book one of the Port hole cabins on Deck 7 (close to Guest services). These cabins cost about the same as an interior room, but have two port holes that provide natural light and at least a view of the water. They are all the way forward, but we have not had any trouble with the motion. Only complaint has been the thruster noise when leaving New Orleans (thruster runs continuously until the ship clears the Mississippi which takes over six hours). Regardless of which choice you make, keep a positive attitude and you'll have a great time. We are convinced that cruising is by far the best bang for your vacation buck!! We did a Viking Rhine river cruise last Oct and could have done at least three Carnival 5 day cruises for what that one 7 day cruise cost us.

While I haven't been on the Fantasy, I have been on the Fascination, and this was before any kind of 2.0 upgrades. Everyone has different opinions so this one is my own.

I did not care for the Triumph at all. It may have been the time of year that I cruised, but it felt sooo crowded and there was never an available lounger. The pools were extremely crowded. I was so glad I didn't have my young girls on the cruise as they wouldn't have been able to swim. It was definitely one of those "booze cruises" that I read about.

My first cruise was on the Fascination, and I loved it. Since it was the first ship I was on, it didn't feel small to me. I started my kids out on the Magic so I'm not sure I'd take my kids on a Fantasy class ship, but I would definitely do it again with just my husband.

I know you didn't mention the Dream class, but do consider it for a future cruise! :)Even though the Magic and Dream are much bigger with more people, I never felt like it was crowded. Always had a lounger available any time I wanted. Lots to do, and the water slide area is super fun. Lines moved quickly. Dream class is my favorite from what I've cruised.

Interior and ocean view are the same size, these ship visit the same ports, the Triumph is a little larger but other than that they ship are similar. We sail a few weeks ago on the Fantasy and really enjoyed it. The Port of Mobile is easier to get to but is poorly designed and organized while New Orleans runs very smoothly.

• 3 weeks later...

My first 4 cruises were on the Fantasy. Two out of New Orleans and two from Mobile. We really enjoyed it. Took the Triumph out of Galveston in February 2014. Enjoyed the slightly bigger ship. We will be sailing the Triumph on February 27, 2017 and again 4/15/17. We picked her over the Fantasy because we felt we got more for our money. If Fantasy would have been cheaper we would have sailed her again. For such a little difference in price, we will save the 2 hour drive and just cruise from New Orleans since it's 40 minutes from home.