Jewel of the Seas - Balcony advice?

Hey everyone! We are planning on booking a cruise in August on Jewel of the Seas and we are looking to book a balcony. Can anyone share which balcony locations were your favorite? Deck or even cabin numbers? Pictures would be greatly appreciated as well if you can! I have never been on this specific ship before so I wanted to get some insights and do some research before we book. Thank you all!!! :)

Deck 7 has the lifeboats directly below...so some find that annoying, even though you have a full outward view. Although ALL side balconies can see the lifeboat covers from any upper deck....

What sort of cabin do you want? We like JS's, so those are on the upper decks. We prefer the deck below the pool...only one easy flight up and down! On this ship, the "aft" balconies are a freakishly LONG walk from the elevator and stairway foyer...if you come and go to the cabin a lot during the day, don't book those cabins....they 're a pain in the arse!

Edited by cb at sea

Hey everyone! We are planning on booking a cruise in August on Jewel of the Seas and we are looking to book a balcony. Can anyone share which balcony locations were your favorite? Deck or even cabin numbers? Pictures would be greatly appreciated as well if you can! I have never been on this specific ship before so I wanted to get some insights and do some research before we book. Thank you all!!! :)

I'd try to avoid deck 10, to minimize potential for noise from the public deck above.

Just sailed on the Jewel in December, deck 10 forward in 1022. Great cabin! Never heard a peep from the spa above us, near the elevators and stairs but nice and quiet with foot traffic. One flight up was the solarium, and the pool deck. My friend stayed in 1518 on the starboard side of the ship. The new cabins they added at the April refurb were above her but it was nice and quiet as well. These cabins also didn't have the large overhang out on the balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Guess one consideration is category of cabin - I've indicated a couple in different categories. Personally I prefer cabins on decks sandwiched between decks with cabins so you don't get noise from pools and what not.

In terms of specific cabins:

I was in 9202 a D1 cabin and liked it a lot. Far enough away from the elevators and Centrum so noise wasn't an issue, yet not too far away to have to walk a lot. Friends were in 8610 (I think it's an E1 or E2) and they liked it as well - similar to 9202 not too close and yet not too far from elevators and centrum.

For some (particularly on Radiance class ships), favorite staterooms are on the aft and include 9256. We've booked JS 1100 one deck above, and love it. Here are a few photos of 9256. As you can see (and overall), the balconies on the very back of the ship are spacious and have incredible views! And we have found them to be a quiet location with very little foot traffic.

Brilliance 9256

17c89449f3b0ad5e58b350bebec885f6.jpg

d83126d42598857bb4585ecc6e064013.jpg

Just sailed on the Jewel in December, deck 10 forward in 1022. Great cabin! Never heard a peep from the spa above us, near the elevators and stairs but nice and quiet with foot traffic. One flight up was the solarium, and the pool deck. My friend stayed in 1518 on the starboard side of the ship. The new cabins they added at the April refurb were above her but it was nice and quiet as well. These cabins also didn't have the large overhang out on the balcony.

Do you have any pictures of that balcony? I was looking at one close to it and was wondering how the view was...

Thank you all for your input!! Very much appreciate it!

91d9cc8ebc8855eb05d949267e9f7869.jpg

Beautiful view! Great cabin!! Thank you! Did you feel any significant movement since you were in the forward? I've only had midship rooms before (I get motion sickness easily though never in a cruise) and so I was worried if you would feel the ship move more because you were high up and forward?

Barely felt any movement on the ship except for the last day when the ship was traveling at a faster speed and even then it was no big deal. For the most part, the islands are pretty close together so the ship didn't travel that fast except the last day when it was heading back to San Juan from Barbados.

Edited by Janedoe2012

Deck 7 has the lifeboats directly below...so some find that annoying, even though you have a full outward view. Although ALL side balconies can see the lifeboat covers from any upper deck....

What sort of cabin do you want? We like JS's, so those are on the upper decks. We prefer the deck below the pool...only one easy flight up and down! On this ship, the "aft" balconies are a freakishly LONG walk from the elevator and stairway foyer...if you come and go to the cabin a lot during the day, don't book those cabins....they 're a pain in the arse!

I find the aft are my absolute favorite. The long walk helps burn off dessert and the view is amazing. Love the wake view. We are in 9654 (larger corner) in 3 weeks and can't wait to check out that view. [emoji924]

The Centrum on the Jewel is VERY LOUD in the evenings until about midnight. So if quiet is important, avoid cabins near the Centrum.

There are new balcony cabins forward on Deck 11 just outside the Solarium in an area that used to be taken up by the spa. I've seen good reviews on those cabins, with the only down side that the balconies aren't covered. Might be worth a look.

I would love to try an aft but for this cruise it's a little out of our budget lol I think we settled on 9208...anyone have any pictures or experiences with this cabin or something close to it?

We were in 9202 last month, just a couple doors down, and loved it. Quick access to the stairs and elevators, but quiet.

30778984143_de2a316b8c_c.jpgUntitled by Sue, on Flickr

30747328034_fa9ca956c2_c.jpgUntitled by Sue, on Flickr

31472731291_0738257087_c.jpgUntitled by Sue, on Flickr

We were in 9202 last month, just a couple doors down, and loved it. Quick access to the stairs and elevators, but quiet.

Oh awesome!! Not bad at all! Thank you for the pictures! they look beautiful! now I'm excited! that was one thing we were worried about is the noise from the elevators but I'm glad we were wrong!!! thanks again!

!

Deck 7 balconies forward of the forward elevators are twice as big but the cabins are definitely smaller. There are no lifeboat covers that block your view directly down. Cabin # 7034, 7535, etc...

http://s654.photobucket.com/user/steveru621/media/IMG_2366.jpg.html

IMG_2365.jpg.htmlIMG_2366.jpg.html