wondering about changes

RACRUZE

My husband and I went on the Sun to Alaska in 2008 for our 25th anniversary. We have decided that we would like to go again for our 35th in 2018, so I have started looking at dates, prices etc.

I noticed that there are now drink deals, where pay a flat rate for drinks for the whole week, (infact there are some deals right now where they are included in price), I also noticed we are charged a daily fee for tips (I don't recall having that last time). My question is this, do you still tip over and above what we are charged daily? Is the drink package worth doing? yes we like to indulge on holiday.

Are there any other changes since 2008 that we should be aware of.

Thanks in advance for any feed back.

We are planning on booking in the next few months (we like to to it ahead of time, and put the downpayment down and gives us something to get excited about.)

R & A

My husband and I went on the Sun to Alaska in 2008 for our 25th anniversary. We have decided that we would like to go again for our 35th in 2018, so I have started looking at dates, prices etc.

I noticed that there are now drink deals, where pay a flat rate for drinks for the whole week, (infact there are some deals right now where they are included in price), I also noticed we are charged a daily fee for tips (I don't recall having that last time). My question is this, do you still tip over and above what we are charged daily? There is no need to tip again unless you want to. Is the drink package worth doing? yes we like to indulge on holiday. If you were to buy it work out how many drinks you would have to have each day each at $10 a pop just to come out even and don't forget the 18%.

Thanks in advance for any feed back. You cannot take water on board at any time. Specialty restaurants are mainly a la carte. MDRs have some entrees that are upcharge.

We are planning on booking in the next few months (we like to to it ahead of time, and put the downpayment down and gives us something to get excited about.)

R & A

Sure there are more but that will start you off!! Or going off perhaps!!

I noticed that there are now drink deals, where pay a flat rate for drinks for the whole week, (infact there are some deals right now where they are included in price), I also noticed we are charged a daily fee for tips (I don't recall having that last time). My question is this, do you still tip over and above what we are charged daily? Is the drink package worth doing? yes we like to indulge on holiday.

Thanks in advance for any feed back.

R & A

The beverage and dining packages are perks for current booking. You do pay an 18% gratuity on the retail price of those packages if you add them to your reservation (the beverage package is one of the most popular perks).

The daily service charge covers your room steward, complimentary dining staff (both servers and behind the screens), and other service staff. Additional tipping is at your discretion. We always leave extra for our room steward for excellent service that makes our cruise most enjoyable.

For us, the drink package is definitely worth while. It gives, us the freedom and option to try whatever we like and not worry about the tab. When you book, there is an 18% gratuity for it, even when it's a 'free' perk. Still very worth while. We tip an extra buck on drinks, (bring singles), for improved services.

As far as I can remember, there has always been a daily gratuity charge. It's on all lines, not just NCL.

Something that is probably new since your trip in 08, is the specialty dining packages. We like to get a package for 3 or 4 nights (sometimes you can get this (3 nights) as your second perk when you book). We enjoy going to the specialty dining venues, it adds to our enjoyment.

Other changes, passengers cannot bring water or soda on board.

There is a fee for room services, 7.95 except for the continental breakfast.

Enjoy your trip!

If you book a full suite (Any room coded as "S" or "H") those cabins receive all 5/6 promos & will be inclusive of the 18% charge but does not include the daily gratuities. Also if booking a full suite you will have a butler & concierge who are not included in the tip pool so that would be extra (And well worth it). Up until Sunday they have OBC between $300-$500 on suites which can be transferred over to the butler and/or concierge.

Since your final payment for your cruise is far away you would also have the option of cancel/rebooking if better promos come along the way.