Gluten Free Dining on Viking

Max Circus

Hello Everyone -

We have booked the Viking Sea for a November 2017 sailing. My in laws are coming with us. My MIL needs to be gluten free for medical reasons (celiac). Has anyone had experience with this onboard? We have had our travel agent note this on our reservation and want to prepare accordingly for how Viking manages this. We have had very good experiences on Celebrity and Carnival. Hoping Viking is similar.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Here's info from the Viking oceans website

***SPECIAL FOOD REQUIREMENTS? Every meal has vegetarian options and our chefs will make efforts to accommodate special requests. Guests requiring special diets (low salt, diabetic, gluten-free and low cholesterol) should alert us 90 days prior to departure and inform the Maître d’ when on board. Contact us.***

This can be found in My Trip, My Journey and then under the Dining tab.

We've done 8 river cruises with Viking and have our first ocean cruise with them in March, while,not completely lactose intolerant, I have "issues' and they've always been excellent. Enjoy your travel with Viking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can add reassurance to the previous posts that Viking will go way beyond expectations to address your needs. A friend who traveled with us on a river cruise sent in three pages (yes, 3) of food allergies. The chef met with her every morning to plan her menu for the day. I don't know that you'll get the chef meeting with you, but your needs will surely be considered. BTW, our friend is going with us on the Sea in September. I can report to you on her experience.

Viking was great - with my shellfish allergy we notified them in advance and then again when we first were on board. Food allergies are taken very seriously and they were very accommodating about, including substitutions of sauces in any restaurant, or a course (Chefs Table) when needed.