Starbucks within walking distance

hollon

I thought someone did a review and said there was a starbucks in the back of the store and it's easy to miss, does anyone know where there is a starbucks in any of the ports w/in walking distance from the cruiseship? OR, a good coffee shop with strong coffee, espresso, etc

Starbucks is one of the first places in Skagway on the main street.

https://www.mapquest.com/us/alaska/business-skagway/starbucks-363660968

It is walkable for the vast majority of people. Otherwise, there are options for those who can not walk the distance for a fee I believe.

Thank you, looks like its in a jewerly store, correct?

Thank you, looks like its in a jewerly store, correct?

Hopefully someone else answers. I don't drink at Starbucks or shop for jewelry -I just remember always seeing the sign when I walk by.

The sign is easy to see.

Edited by Coral

It’s not really a Starbucks store, they just sell Starbucks coffee. It’s inside a jewelry store “Skagway Mercantile & Café” which is across the street from the White Pass & Yukon depot, you can’t miss it.

In Ketchikan the starbucks is in the grocery store but it is not walking distance. There is a private coffee shop in Skagway. You won't miss it. Skagway is super tiny, but adorable. THey had great popcorn there too. Lots of flavors. I am sure there is some good ones in Juneau, try Yelp. I'm going to try and remember to look it up too. Good question. I'm a starbucks junkie to . :)

In Ketchikan the starbucks is in the grocery store but it is not walking distance. There is a private coffee shop in Skagway. You won't miss it. Skagway is super tiny, but adorable. THey had great popcorn there too. Lots of flavors. I am sure there is some good ones in Juneau, try Yelp. I'm going to try and remember to look it up too. Good question. I'm a starbucks junkie to . :)

Have you tried the coffee shop in ketchikan, is it strong good coffee, yes, I can't live w/o my starbucks, I go almost everyday. There is one in ketchikan called "Tully", I believe, I've been there before, but that was before I started drinking starbucks.

Have you tried the coffee shop in ketchikan, is it strong good coffee, yes, I can't live w/o my starbucks, I go almost everyday. There is one in ketchikan called "Tully", I believe, I've been there before, but that was before I started drinking starbucks.

Here is a list of all Starbucks in AK

http://starbuckslocations.net/United-States/Alaska/

Remember as I tell my students Google is your friend.:)

I looked on YELP and there are several coffee shops in Ketchikan, some right in the front \. Sweet Mermaids was one, it had ok reviews. But there were several shops. I suggest asking someone when you get there that lives and works there and be clear on the fact that you like strong coffee. I am sure they will have recommendations. And you should be fine, there were several. Thanks for the post, I will be trying some myself.