Cruising but not to Caribbean

andlamv

Is there any good places that people been to either on the west side of the US, Alaska, Canada, or Mexico that they recommend? We pretty much covered the Caribbean and looking past that. Also any ships too we are looking into carnival (all we cruised with) we are open to royal and MSC as well. Thanks if I get any good ideas:)

Sent using my S7 Edge with Tapatalk app

Princess has many itineraries on the west coast: Mexico Riviera, Alaska (HAL and Princess are considered the best), Hawaii (the two week cruises have a wonderful Hawaiian cultural program), and the coastal cruises....as well as some longer ones that go as far as the south Pacific, and Panama Canal.

If you are interested in wider experience, think beyond Carnival, MSC and Royal Caribbean -- also not just West Coast -- where those three are rarely seen anyway. From West Coast, there is Mexico, Hawaii and Alaska. From East Coast, there is Canada, Bermuda and the Bahamas. The Caribbean has a lot of islands - but you can outgrow it.

Hi,

My husband and I have mainly done Caribbean cruises, as well as Panama Canal and Central America. However, my absolute favourite cruise was Alaska!!! Really, it was beautiful. I have never seen such gorgeous scenery anywhere, especially Tracy Arm Fjord. Also, it was amazing to see the wildlife. I went on a whale watching excursion in Juneau and saw tons of whales, sea lions, seals, and bald eagles. In Ketchikan, we saw the salmon trying to make their way upsteam and we saw a sea otter. In Icy Strait Point, I did a fishing excursion and had the excitement of catching two halibut. I liked that it wasn't the typical Caribbean/beach/warm cruise. The weather was on the chilly side, but not bad if you dress for it. Plus, it was nice to come back to the ship and have a hot cup of tea to warm you up. My recommendation for you is an Alaskan cruise. It was also great to see Victoria, Nanaimo, and Vancouver, BC. Although I'm Canadian, I had never been that far west and loved seeing the beauty of BC.