Can we bring canned sodas on?

Desinico

I feel like I can't get a clear answer on this subject. I was just on carnival recently and they put on their site in black & white that you can. Royal's site left it in a gray area....unless I'm missing something. Can you bring a 12 pack on? Or is it an item not allowed?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I feel like I can't get a clear answer on this subject. I was just on carnival recently and they put on their site in black & white that you can. Royal's site left it in a gray area....unless I'm missing something. Can you bring a 12 pack on? Or is it an item not allowed?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Policy says no...However we along with many many other's have had no problem bringing on soda and bottled water....It's always worth a try...not much to lose.

The policy does not allow. But it is not strictly enforced.

I've always brought canned soda on, usually a 6 or 12 pack, in my checked luggage. I've always asked when checking the bag too and they've always said no problem and just asked about how many wine bottles I was bringing as they were strict on that.

As above with others, the rules say no but they've never stopped me (even when asked) and anyone else I know has gotten them on too. I take them because I'll have a few sodas, but not enough to make the soda package worthwhile.

Edited by MAS2017

Last April, I brought on a 12 pack of diet cherry pepsi carry on, and walked it right through security. I was prepared to put it in the trash if necessary, but instead, the port officers just kept asking "where did you get that?".

I had to put it through the scanners- no problem, and then carry it onboard, but no issues with having it.

my last cruise I brought a 18 pack of water and case of pop and it showed up no problem. I always take it knowing I might not ever see it again.

I am 3 for 3 for the water and 1 for 1 for pop/soda

Thanks for asking the question, and thanks for all who answered. We will be on a cruise with someone who ONLY drinks Pepsi, but I have only seen Coke products on Royal Caribbean. I am going to tell her to bring a six-pack in her carry-on, and hope that it is not a problem.

Thanks for asking the question, and thanks for all who answered. We will be on a cruise with someone who ONLY drinks Pepsi, but I have only seen Coke products on Royal Caribbean. I am going to tell her to bring a six-pack in her carry-on, and hope that it is not a problem.

You should not have a problem unless you are cruising during spring break. I'd bring cans as they seem to be less likely to be refused.