Lobster Tails At Garden Cafe?

USVIcruizer

Watching some YouTube videos about the Pearl, as we've never sailed her before. Came across one from 2015 showing broiled lobster tails in the Garden Café buffet line. Guessing this was prior to NCL adding a surcharge for this dish, but can someone please confirm if there are lobster tails available at the buffet on the Pearl?

I'm not a fan, but husband loves 'em - thanks in advance!

Sorry no free lobster in buffet or MDR. If you go even further back you may find videos of dancing waiters parading around with flaming desserts

Cute, or maybe pics of confetti and streamers being hurled at sail away. Thanks for the helpful information. BTW the video was dated 2015 per my original post.

Cute, or maybe pics of confetti and streamers being hurled at sail away. Thanks for the helpful information. BTW the video was dated 2015 per my original post.

Yep I saw your post. In cruise years 2015 seems like a hundred years ago....lol

No free lobster in Garden Cafe or MDR anymore.

We went to the "Seafood" Buffet themed night last month on the Epic and it should never have been called a seafood buffet. There was only one type of fish (over fried) and everything else was shrimp.

I do love shrimp so I enjoyed it but the name should have been "Shrimp" Buffet.

I had the lobster tails on Breakaway 2 yrs. ago in the buffet. It wasn't so great. They were strict in serving them and the line was too long to go back for more. It was a ridiculous idea to only serve them at the buffet. Now Princess used to do a seafood buffet with unlimited lobster claws, crab legs and shrimp. But that's also in the past. :(

Reportedly due to a lobster shortage, lobsters were removed from all the specialty dining room menus in August 2016. When we sailed at the end of the year, Lobsters were offered in the main dining room for an up charge on a few nights during our cruise. It wasn't every night. Bye-bye lobsters

In NCL's defense, the situation for lobsters (at least the cold water variety) has been getting worse for years now. Living up here in New England we hear about it all the time. I've read that the price per pound is now at a near all time high (1958 being the highest). Seems to be due to a combination of sharp decline in population, government regulation reducing authorized catches and a significant increase in demand from Europe and Asia.

I can see how this relatively sharp increase in price would not be something that NCL priced into their product, but I do think they could make a better effort to offer them at an upcharge for those wanting a lobster fix :)

In NCL's defense, the situation for lobsters (at least the cold water variety) has been getting worse for years now. Living up here in New England we hear about it all the time. I've read that the price per pound is now at a near all time high (1958 being the highest). Seems to be due to a combination of sharp decline in population, government regulation reducing authorized catches and a significant increase in demand from Europe and Asia.

I can see how this relatively sharp increase in price would not be something that NCL priced into their product, but I do think they could make a better effort to offer them at an upcharge for those wanting a lobster fix :)

Wasn't it just like 2 or 3 years ago there was a glut? There were even posts about it here where one of the NCL ships picked up a whole bunch - maybe Boston? I don't eat lobster so I don't follow the prices.

No free lobster in Garden Cafe or MDR anymore.

We went to the "Seafood" Buffet themed night last month on the Epic and it should never have been called a seafood buffet. There was only one type of fish (over fried) and everything else was shrimp.

I do love shrimp so I enjoyed it but the name should have been "Shrimp" Buffet.

On our Gem trip a couple weeks back they had "American" night in the buffet.