Jade s Gem Haven suites

yummysbakery

Anyone been on the jade and gem that can compare haven suites?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

They are sister ships, not sure there would be much difference between the Haven suites on the two ships. We've sailed in non-Haven penthouse suites on both ships, and the suites were pretty much identical (right down to their garish furnishings). :)

Although the Gem was in drydock in Nov. 2015, and the public areas were nicely spruced up, nothing was done to the non-Haven suites (except new carpet) and, I believe, nothing to the Haven suites either. (The garish furnishings are now worn and dated besides being garish.)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2314292

The jade is scheduled for dry dock this year with updating on all staterooms which is a reason I'm leaning toward her... but I didn't know they were sister ships!

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Some folks have mentioned that the drydock has been scaled back so who knows what will happen.

As far as differences, the main one I can think of is there is only one DOS on Jade and two on Gem. The Gem Haven rooms I saw did look like they had been updated in the drydock. The Haven area proper on the Gem had all the plants/decorations removed so it is pretty much just chairs and loungers. The area on Gem where they had workout equipment was replaced with lounger chairs.