Adventure OTS Pillow Rating Please

Cruising next month on the Adventure. I haven't been terribly impressed with the pillows the last few RCI cruises so I actually brought my own on the last cruise (well worth the bother for 14 nights of puffy pillow indulgence). I'm looking to see if I need to repeat the concept for my upcoming B2B on the Adventure. What's the verdict? If you sailed recently, how would you rate them?

Cruising next month on the Adventure. I haven't been terribly impressed with the pillows the last few RCI cruises so I actually brought my own on the last cruise (well worth the bother for 14 nights of puffy pillow indulgence). I'm looking to see if I need to repeat the concept for my upcoming B2B on the Adventure. What's the verdict? If you sailed recently, how would you rate them?

I'm very picky about my pillow...Don't think RCCL could ever make me happy. That's why I always throw my own favorite pillow in my luggage but I've also done the same thing with all my overseas Military transfers

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

Our last (May B2B) Adventure cruise I hated the four pillows in our cabin...soft mushy...yucky.

I battled each night to find one of the four that would work that particular night. I wish I had room in my suitcase to bring my own.

Other RCI ships I've managed and on one particular cruise I had a wonderful cabin steward that searched and found me a firmer pillow....did I reward her at the end of my cruise with extra $$'s...YES ;)

I'm leaving on a cruise Sunday I think I might just carry mine onboard (suitcase is already super full)

Maybe bring a spare pillowcase so I can change it as the one on will be well traveled by the time it makes it to my bed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm leaving on a cruise Sunday I think I might just carry mine onboard (suitcase is already super full)

Maybe bring a spare pillowcase so I can change it as the one on will be well traveled by the time it makes it to my bed

How would you manage this :confused:....We fly to all our cruise's and can't imagine having to fly (connecting flights, taxi etc.) carrying my pillow...EEK the germs and I'm not a germaphobe.

How would you manage this :confused:....We fly to all our cruise's and can't imagine having to fly (connecting flights, taxi etc.) carrying my pillow...EEK the germs and I'm not a germaphobe.

I'm very fortunate that I can drive to the port so there is no air fairs ect

Was thinking if I brought a clean pillow case it would work...

I could always put a plastic bin bag over it to keep it clean. Only has to come from my car to ship with me

I'm eyeballing that beverage package where I don't have to worry about the pillows. :D

LOL. Thank you for the giggle.

I found a great lightweight, drawstring laundry bag at the dollar store (RED!) and I used it to take a mattress topper and two new puffy pillows onto the Brilliance for my TA. I probably looked like I was hauling hazardous material onboard, but nobody batted an eye when I loaded it onto the belt to trundle through the x-ray machine.

I use a space saver bag...Vacuum it down and makes it easier to pack. Depending on the material of your pillow

Sent from Psycho's iPhone using Forums

If you are picky..bring your own pillow. The ship's are well-used....and not generally what picky people like! Just saying! 99% are fine with the provided pillows.

I'd have to disagree with the 99%. My room attendant last cruise told me just about all of his rooms always ask for extra pillows

Sent from Psycho's iPhone using Forums

They have a few different pillow types onboard. If you want a different pillow, speak to your stateroom attendant.

Adventure turned out to have pillows that I liked. Nice and flat. Not big puffy headache inducers at all. Not like the ones we had on freedom in March.

Alas I had brought my own pillow (squashed in my carryon because I like a flat pillow so it fit) because I anticipated those nightmarishly big ones that so many like (including people here) so I used that, but I would have been just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are picky, I would definitely take your own. I am not picky...but we were there for 4 weeks and after the 1st week I bought pillows in SJU to use for the next 3 weeks.

If you are picky, I would definitely take your own. I am not picky...but we were there for 4 weeks and after the 1st week I bought pillows in SJU to use for the next 3 weeks.

Yeah, there's a good reason that Walgreen's across from the pier in Old San Juan has a supply of bed pillows. After 3 days out of Tampa, the Brilliance stopped in San Juan before heading to Gibraltar and I heard a number of people say they decided to buy pillows that day.