Wedding Onboard

Thartson

Can anyone tell me about planning a wedding on board? We want to get married on an island stop. Thank you.

There is a Cruise Critic thread about weddings. You may find answers there.

Be aware that no port stop is guaranteed and weather or other conditions could mean the cruise will not stop at that island. So do not put down money that is not refundable if the ship cannot stop there.

Also, will you have wedding guests who will not be on the ship but will travel to that island for the wedding? If so, they will miss the wedding if the ship misses the port.

I agree with getting married on board-we were on the Crown princess in 2008.

We went thru there Miami Fl group and we had only 8-10 attend with us. For $2500 at that time we had the Chapel with flowers for the bride and maid of honor/ live piano music/photos-over 100 thru out the day/private reception with a lot of food in Alfredos/=we had a british woman to assist the bride/russian pianist/asian flowers maker/canadian photographer/Italian Captain!

We got to pick flavors of the cake/flowers/ music to be played/the Chef made our cake two layers and enough to share for over 50 people-we gave a lot out to surrounding tables at the MDR after the reception-I think they were suppose make it smaller but we lucked out!!!

The Cpt gave us a gift of allowing us on the bridge to have pics taken plus he gave us strawberries n champagne and had his Officers stand by while we enjoyed a private pool all by ourselves-nice!:eek: