Shark,Rays & Island Getaway

Tonimarieb

Planning cruise on Carnival Breeze May 2017.

Sounds like an excursion is recommended in Belize. Looking at Caye Caulker excursion with Sharks,Rays, and Island Getaway. Has anyone done this excursion and if so would you recommend? Also unsure if I should book through Carnival or try Coral Breeze Tours? I like the peace of mind that comes with booking through the cruise line but hate when excursions are over crowded. Would appreciate and recommendations. TIA

I did this excursion back in 2003 on RCCL, and would do it again. We had a great time! We are considering doing it again this time if we aren't able to find a dive shop with availablilty for the date we are going to be there.

Edited by k8ster72

I went with Coral Breeze in November to Caye Caulker on their trip and snorkel altho I was just an observer. They ran a great excursion and on time and well organized. Those who did the snorkel had a good time and the guides were well versed with Belize and the mangroves and ocean life. I used them as it was more than half less than the ship excursion and I will not hesitate to use coral Breeze for another trip to Caye Caulker.

I just booked with Coral Breeze Tours for March. I will have a review when I get back. So looking forward to this excursion. I have been to Caye Caulker before when I was pregnant. Used outside vendor and had no problem getting back to ship on time and there were only like 8 of us on the boat ride to Caye Caulker. I don't book any tours thru Carnival because I don't like crowds.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the shark ray alley excursion (but used NCL when we went). It was an amazing experienced and wouldn't hesitate to do it again...only never with the cruise ship. You definitely don't get the service you would with a private vendor.

I have a review listed in my signature line with TONS of pictures. I believe that I have read before that all the cruise ships use this same vendor.

• 4 months later...

We did this excursion last year through Carnival. We were on a boat that was comfortable. We saw other boats that looked like they were double filled. We hit rain and were provided with free ponchos. The ray part of it was so disappointing. I had done the sting rays in Grand Cayman and there they are all around you as you stand in shallow water. Here, they were beneath you and they really did not come around. The guide got one and I was able to stroke it and that was it. Caye Caulker is nice. We had lunch at Lazy Lizard. I really do not remember if that was included in price or not. Food was good. Then we just hung out in that area until it was time to return. I am just now finding out that there is a town and civilization on the island. It felt remote. It was a good excursion. Debating now if that is what we will do again this cruise.