Inside Cabin Help

BlackJack2

We are traveling on the Volendam in February in an inside cabin. We have never booked an inside before – Is there storage space where the “window” would be? I see that there is a curtain, so is there storage space behind that curtain?

No, there is a wall behind the curtain. There is about the same amount of storage as a standard ocean view. We usually take an inside cabin because they have showers rather than bathtubs. My only suggestion is to bring a small flashlight to use if you tend to get up in the night. Inside cabins are VERY dark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are traveling on the Volendam in February in an inside cabin. We have never booked an inside before – Is there storage space where the “window” would be? I see that there is a curtain, so is there storage space behind that curtain?

No, that is just décor.

On the Maasdam and I believe the other ships there is a little space - about 6 inches deep and the width of the bed. Sometimes at night the cabin stewards would put the long round pillow "things" back there when they would turn down the bed. Depending on where you are on the ship the storage is about the same as an ocean view. It also varies greatly by ship, deck and location for and aft.

We've had insides (lower prom, aft) on the Maasdam & Veendam and there was shelf behind the curtain where we stored folders, books, snorkel gear, cameras, etc.

Perhaps if you post the potential location of the cabin you're thinking about someone who's been in that category on the Volendam could be more specific. Sorry, last time we were on the Volendam we had an OV.

And as someone mentioned, its good to have a small flashlight (which I take) but we have an electric toothbrush plugged into the power strip (brand= Sonicare) and the green charging light always seems to provide adequate lighting to find the head at night.

Have a great cruise!

Bob:)

As Bob posted, there is a shelf behind the bed where you can store some things. I stack some magazines back there, but do be careful not to put something very heavy there. If the ship rocks hard whatever is there can come crashing down on your head (learned this lesson the hard way.)

Edited by RuthC

I recall a shelf at headboard height being behind the curtain; it's useful for stashing little things, but I think I left a watch there once :( unless the catch failed and I lost in on the way home, will never know.

I do not find the Insides as dark as some others... we seem to have enough things charging overnight to give us enough light, plus there is a red light on the bottom of the TV. Light also comes under the front door to the hallway and I like to keep the curtain to the bath/dressing area closed to keep it from shinning at me all night. But it's always good to have a flashlight next to the bed for emergencies.

Last cruise we brought a small nightlight for seeing well enough in the bathroom to not trip and fall. I plugged it into the shaver outlet. One of the many excellent suggestions from CCers; well worth the cubic inch+ it took up to keep us safer. And we didn't have to turn on the full light and wake up! m--