Mike & Tracy's continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Vista & Norwegean Getaway

MikeyA53

I have been MIA past couple days, so I am playing catch up and thoroughly enjoying reading a few pages at once. SPECTACULAR photos! You should have a room in your home just for cruise pictures! And what great weather you are having! :D

I have been MIA past couple days, so I am playing catch up and thoroughly enjoying reading a few pages at once. SPECTACULAR photos! You should have a room in your home just for cruise pictures! And what great weather you are having! :D

Thanks Karen, overall we were lucky with weather. I think it rained once back on Vista when we were waiting to do the bike course.

It was our first time in Costa Maya and we had an excursion planned at Maya Chan All Inclusive, so no workout and a quick breakfast at Garden Café

Cruising%202016%202817_zpsa15njugw.jpg

We disembarked at approximately 8:00 a.m.

Cruising%202016%202818_zpsm0uqk9ph.jpg

Cruising%202016%202819_zpsmnw6hjr3.jpg

Cruising%202016%202820_zpsqfmr9lou.jpg

Cruising%202016%202821_zpsnstrv7mu.jpg

Cruising%202016%202822_zps4nymf81q.jpg

Cruising%202016%202830_zpsnur8bmsa.jpg

We had to exit the shopping complex to get to our meeting point.

Ahead is the entry/exit gate

Cruising%202016%202832_zps5qjrfmv9.jpg

Cruising%202016%202833_zpsvpsf7ufw.jpg

Cruising%202016%202834_zpspwykpbu3.jpg

Cruising%202016%202835_zpsceouqpz4.jpg

I found Maya Chan All Inclusive on Trip Advisor, its #1 out of 33 things to do in Costa Maya. The cost was $59 per adult; they have 3 different prices for kids. It includes taxi fare there and back. An all you can eat Mayan inspired buffet, all day open bar, free Wi-Fi, changing rooms, lockers, kayaks, floating boards, floating chairs. You also get your own private pre-assigned shaded area for the two of you or your group. All of this is included in the price. The only extra is a massage for a very reasonable price.

However I should point out two negatives, even though it’s only a short distance from the pier it took us about 25 minutes to get there by taxi, over a very bumpy dirt road. The other negative is that seaweed washes upon the beach shore however they have someone there every day cleaning the beach as well as they can.

Cruising%202016%202876_zpscq1cqhqw.jpg

Cruising%202016%202875_zpsmjt0ezij.jpg

Cruising%202016%202883_zpsihjbli9a.jpg

Cruising%202016%202884_zpsth6vhwwa.jpg

After lunch our waiter came to ask us what time we wanted to go back to the ship. We stayed until 3 p.m. just relaxing, using our tablets, having some drinks etc.

Cruising%202016%202887_zpsspmkxmq1.jpg

Iphone%20cruise%202016%20002_zpsidorxwl3.jpg

Overall well worth the $59 per person when you consider the excursion includes transportation, drinks, food, beach toys, Wi-Fi and your own private pre-assigned shaded area. If we go back to Costa Maya we will be returning to Maya Chan.

Hi all!

Mikey ~ loving your review & get the feeling you were very happy with your 1st NCL cruise.

Your pictures made me do it.... I've booked Maya Chan for my Oct. Escape cruise even though I'm not a beach person. Guess it was the drink menu & food pictures as well as the lovely scenery that did it!;)

Too bad you lost some pictures, always so frustrating when that happens!

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi all!

Mikey ~ loving your review & get the feeling you were very happy with your 1st NCL cruise.

Your pictures made me do it.... I've booked Maya Chan for my Oct. Escape cruise even though I'm not a beach person. Guess it was the drink menu & food pictures as well as the lovely scenery that did it!;)

Too bad you lost some pictures, always so frustrating when that happens!

~ Jo ~ :)

Thanks Jo, I sure you are going to like Maya Chan. Have a wonderful cruise.