Where are Mrs and Mrs, waiting for their Golden Princess review !!

NSWP

I think you are talking about my review, and I agree with Mic and C.Bear.

Everyone is different, and your cruise demographic will be different.

One point to remember is that most on our cruise, most people had spent up to a week in Beijing, then cruised for a long time (25 days), a lot were sick, tired and grumpy, and very old.

A vast contrast to our 3 other island cruises..

I reckon you should try Royal Caribbean next. It's an entirely different demographic to the oldies you didn't enjoy on the Golden Princess. Younger crowd, more active entertainment like zip lines and wave pools, and lots of kids. Sounds like your earlier experiences prepared you better for RCI than Princess cruises outside Australian local waters.

Edited by wishfulone

I actually prefer it when people post a review as a thread as well, it shows they are open for questions, comment and discussion about their review /cruise which is far more helpful than the ones in the review section of CC.

Thanks for allowing this to occur, Mrs & Mrs, much appreciated.

Totally agree about that.

I did the same cruise in early December - it was fine. You should have warmer weather than we did so that means the pools will be good and if you choose to use the Sanctuary it won't be a howling gale like it was for us. The only two really annoying things for me were 1) the art auctions which took up the Explorer's Lounge and the area outside it on several days and 2) the IC was always busy and we never got a chance to sit and have coffee there. As well they had loud entertainment in the area so people would sit on for hours to watch it.

Otherwise meals were good, the entertainment was certainly better than I anticipated and we had a lovely time.

Go with an open mind and you'll enjoy it and besides you have extra perks being in a full suite so that will make it great. :)

We were on the Beijing cruise and the same two issues with the art auctions and the crowding around the IC and atrium. Plus we both got sick twice which had us disembarking thinking we didn't ever want to do another cruise again.

However that lasted all of two weeks and now we have another three cruises booked this year. All cruises are good, just some better than others. Once the cruising bug hits..........