Having a great time on the Reflection :)

CruisinNewb

Currently at sea on the Reflection. I'm going to post a detailed review when we are off the ship but I just wanted to express my opinion, especially in light of many negatives I've read recently. We are having a great time on a great ship with a great crew. So much so that we booked two more cruises while we are onboard.

If there are any questions specific to the Reflection or the eastern caribbean itinerary I can answer or find out when I am still onboard feel free to ask.

Edited by CruisinNewb

Good morning,

Glad to hear you are having a great time and looking forward to reading your entire review. We board Reflection in 51 days (but who's counting?).

I understand the Lawn Club Grill is open on some days for lunch. By any chance, do you know which days? We are thinking about doing that for lunch on the day we have a late arrival into San Juan.

Thanks...enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Edited by lola2013

Are you sailing the Eastern Carib ? My wife and I are on that cruise at the end of March, last time we did it there were a couple of rough sea days. I am wondering if that is normal for this cruise because you sail over some pretty open water. They even cancelled our excursion in one port because of rough seas, can't remember if it was St. Kitts or St. Martin.

One other question about the internet. The last several times on Celebrity, they offered several different internet packages; but according to what I see online, there is just one option which is about $250 (?) for the week. I only need to send a couple of e-mails to friends who have birthdays while I am away so $250 is a bit steep. Do you know if there are other packages available?

Thanks again!

One other question about the internet. The last several times on Celebrity, they offered several different internet packages; but according to what I see online, there is just one option which is about $250 (?) for the week. I only need to send a couple of e-mails to friends who have birthdays while I am away so $250 is a bit steep. Do you know if there are other packages available?

Thanks again!

The other options are still available and will be available to purchase on board. Celebrity pre-sells the unlimited package at a discount pre-cruise. If you have Elite or above status you will also be receiving free minutes which may be suitable for your needs.

Currently at sea on the Reflection. I

If there are any questions specific to the Reflection I can answer or find out when I am still onboard feel free to ask.

Happy to hear that you are enjoying.

If at all possible could you kindly post a listing of the Senior Officers and Personnel; what is usually outlined on the "Spotlight" sheet that you receive on arrival day.

Thank you very much.

Good morning,

Glad to hear you are having a great time and looking forward to reading your entire review. We board Reflection in 51 days (but who's counting?).

I understand the Lawn Club Grill is open on some days for lunch. By any chance, do you know which days? We are thinking about doing that for lunch on the day we have a late arrival into San Juan.

Thanks...enjoy the rest of your cruise.

I'm trying to remember if it was open on our day in PR.... I was on deck 14 the deck below and smelled something good at lunchtime so perhaps. I will ask.

We are on a sea day today and are in an alcove right near it. They are open for lunch today for sure. Pretty empty but it it only 12PM and very windy and rocky today.

Edited by CruisinNewb

Happy to hear that you are enjoying.

If at all possible could you kindly post a listing of the Senior Officers and Personnel; what is usually outlined on the "Spotlight" sheet that you receive on arrival day.

Thank you very much.

I'll take a look when we are back in our stateroom.

I'm really cruising about the proximity of room 1620 to the elevators, library balcony and balcony that over looks the central atrium. I know it's close, but am curious how close and if there's any separation or noise barriers from the stateroom doors to these public areas. If you're able to provide a picture or two, that would be fantastic, but if not, a description will more than do.

Only if you have a chance... because of course your vacation and relaxation are priority!!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you sailing the Eastern Carib ? My wife and I are on that cruise at the end of March, last time we did it there were a couple of rough sea days. I am wondering if that is normal for this cruise because you sail over some pretty open water. They even cancelled our excursion in one port because of rough seas, can't remember if it was St. Kitts or St. Martin.

Yes same itinerary. No problem from Miami to PR seas were pretty calm.

St Martin and St Kitts a little choppier but nothing that bothered me and I have some sensitivity to motion.

The Captain altered our route going back from St Kitts to Miami to avoid a storm that was heading in the direction of our route. Last night it was fairly rocky, a lot of motion. Today it is worse. 20+ MPH winds and moderate to rough seas. Beautiful day though. He is doing his best to get to good weather.

Thanks again!

We have unlimited as part of a package. I'm pretty sure they have options from as little as 40 minutes and up. I will stop by the iCafe and see what I can find out for you.

I'm really cruising about the proximity of room 1620 to the elevators, library balcony and balcony that over looks the central atrium. I know it's close, but am curious how close and if there's any separation or noise barriers from the stateroom doors to these public areas. If you're able to provide a picture or two, that would be fantastic, but if not, a description will more than do.

Only if you have a chance... because of course your vacation and relaxation are priority!!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will take a look later today and snap a few photos. No problem :)

Thanks again!

In any of the ports you visit, you could simply find a nice cafe or bar, enjoy a Coke or a beer, and make use of their free wifi. That's what we often do.

We also have an alcove reserved for Thursday of our trip!...are you enjoying that? It will be our first time in an alcove. Really looking forward to that.

Our first time in one too.

We are enjoying the experience. There are 5 on each side. We are on the starboard side, one off the end closest to the Porch. It is very windy topside today so they cannot open the canopies so it gets quite sunny. That said you can lie on the lawn right in from on the alcove as the short wall profile some small area of shade. There is a small 2 person couch with one side so you can sit or lie down, two wicker chairs with cushions and an ottoman. Comfortable for 4. The walls provide some barrier from the wind and some privacy but they are fairly open. There are waiters that can get you a drink from the sunset bar but you need to ahvea drink package or pay for them.

Around 12-1PM they bring you a nice plate of assorted cheeses, fruits and a basket of saltine crackers. There is a phone to call for an attendant if you need something and they walk by occasionally as well. They can also bring you food from the Porch Restaurant but that is an up charge as well. The Mast Grill is a few feet away as well as the Sunset Bar.

I'll be on the Reflection for the first time next month, so I appreciate you taking the time to answer questions. I realize you may choose to wait till you're back home before addressing each of these! So here we go...1- Please tell us about any excursions you took. 2- Which nights were Chic nights. 3- Which category room are you in and are you pleased with it 4- What is your reaction to the nightly shows as well as any other entertainment events. 5- Which restaurant(s) have you eaten in and how was the food. Thanks in advance for any answers you may give!