Behind the Fun (Scenes) Tour

Lanced

I think it is totally worth it. My DH and I took it on the Dream when we sailed last in 2010. you get to see a whole lot that people never see behind the scenes - including the bridge. You do have a lot of walking and stairs though so be sure you are up for that. and yes you can only sign up once you are on board, I believe at the shore excursion desk. I just know that space is limited so you want to get signed up ASAP when you board

Totally worth it. Sign up at Guest Services as soon as possible as they tend to fill up quick. They usually do them on the last sea day of the cruise. No open toe shoes or cameras, including cell phones.

We got to see the crew quarters including their mess hall and bars as well as parts of the deck that were off limits to guest. We toured the laundry, the galley, engineering, recycling, and of course the bridge. We spent a good half hour on the bridge talking to the captain. I'm sure I left some places out as it was over 3 hours and you get a couple of cool souvenirs as well as a couple of photos.

This was the most interesting tour we've ever been on!! I was always curious about the back stage area in the main theater, and that's one of the locations included in the tour...extremely interesting! Loved the photo with the Captain and out on the front of the ship! They only took about 16 people on the tour, so you definitely have to sign up first thing! It was $99 when we did it 6 years ago...don't know what the price is these days, but it was money well spent! Enjoy!:)

Here's another vote in favor of this tour. My wife and I are in our mid to late 50s and terribly out of shape but we managed and it was well worth it. Our guide was very patient and we made it to everything in plenty of time.

They take pictures in various spots throughout the tour - including on the bridge with the captain - and those are included in the tour price. Also get a few bites to eat and several souvenirs.

Don't even bring your camera or cell phone. They'll make you take it back to your cabin or your guide might hold it for you until the end of the tour. since they take pics and you get them as part of your tour there's no real need although I saw several things I would have taken pictures of if I had been allowed.

They will make you go put on close-toed shoes. If you get to the meeting spot early you can have all the orange juice and coffee and pastries while you wait for all the people who didn't read the instructions go back to their rooms and put their shoes on and stow their phones and cameras.

Expensive but worth it! We did it a few years ago on the Conquest. Sign up as soon as possible after boarding your ship.

Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. It involves a lot of standing, walking, and climbing stairs. You will get to see a lot of areas you wouldn't see otherwise and have the opportunity to ask questions.

Have fun!