ATT cell coverage

melinda0222

We are on NCL Pearl in Sept and I am wondering what kind of coverage we will get. I looked at the map and the coverage looks good in Juneau, Ketchikan, and Skagway. Can anyone confirm? We will need to be calling home or facetiming home. Can anyone tell me what kind of service they had while cruising the inside pass and glacier bay. We will need to be calling or facetiming again. I want to try to avoid using cruise ship wifi as I know it is usually a struggle, so we will use our data. Thanks

In Alaska itself, AT&T has good cell coverage in most well traveled towns/cities. See if your ship has AT&T connect@sea for locations without reachable land towers (costs). If you've got newer iPhones you can do wifi calls with a ship internet package (voice calls use about 1 MB/minute). Note, however, that some cruise lines block apps/services that eat up broadband like FaceTime, video streaming, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on NCL Pearl in Sept and I am wondering what kind of coverage we will get. I looked at the map and the coverage looks good in Juneau, Ketchikan, and Skagway. Can anyone confirm? We will need to be calling home or facetiming home. Can anyone tell me what kind of service they had while cruising the inside pass and glacier bay. We will need to be calling or facetiming again. I want to try to avoid using cruise ship wifi as I know it is usually a struggle, so we will use our data. Thanks

There is no free cell phone coverage for Glacier Bar and the Inside Passage.

All of the cities on your cruise will have good coverage from AT&T except the coverage in Skagway that may be affected by how close you dock to the mountainside. In the latter case, just leave the ship and walk a few hundred yards to the end of the pier for an excellent connection..

ATT coverage was excellent in town.... once you get away from town... coverage became spotty at places.

Rogers and Telus coverage is available in the inside passage. Especially if you have an outside cabin. There is also coverage when near Prince Rupert.

Sent from my Passport using Forums mobile app