DOS ins/outs ?

Tom-n-Cheryl

I was able to snag a DOS on the Bliss for a (far off!) sailing. On NCL we routinely sail in suites, but this will be the first "top cabin" for us on this line.

Is there anything different, from an amenity or service standpoint, which sets the DOS apart from other suites?

Can I put aside any concerns about pre-booking entertainment or dining, and just assume that all that can be accommodated -- such as, at 3 in the afternoon we decide we'd like a 7 pm table for two at "fill-in-the-blank", even though they show as fully booked? On Celebrity I've noted, on the occasions we've sailed in the Penthouse, that there's more of a "can do" attitude from the concierge - though there's nothing in writing to that effect.

THANKS,

Tom

We stayed in the DOS on the Escape in Jan 2016. We are planners so most of our reservations were made online. That being said, we did have a few last minute changes and there was never a problem. Actually, being Haven guest, we have never had any issues with reservations so I can't say our DOS status had anything to do with that. Our butler was top notch (same butler we had on BA in 2013). I dare say that staff gave us an extra smile once the key card was swiped and they saw the suite #. That could have just been my imagination lol. We will be in the DOS on the Escape again in August and I'm looking forward to the unlimited bottled water [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Cruzncutie

We were in a DOS on the Breakaway to Bermuda in September and are going to be in the other one on the Breakaway next month to the Bahamas. To be honest, I did not feel we were treated any differently than any other Haven traveller. Not to say we were disappointed at all -- they traded everyone very, very well.

Were they able to get me reservations to dinners and shows? Yes. We walked on with no reservations and they were able to get us whatever we wanted within 15 minutes of our desired time -- but I saw them doing that for numerous Haven passengers. To the extent anything was done differently for the DOS it seemed to be we received things first and had our room cleaned/prepared first, but I think this was more a function of working from the front to the back of the Haven.

...We will be in the DOS on the Escape again in August and I'm looking forward to the unlimited bottled water [emoji13]

Water, as I understand it, is not included with the ultimate beverage package. Is it a perk in the DOS?

Tom

Water, as I understand it, is not included with the ultimate beverage package. Is it a perk in the DOS?

Tom

Yes, in the DOS you get unlimited water (still and/or sparkling) and unlimited soda. You also get the 3 bottles of alcohol, but the selection is nothing to write home about.

Tom

Yes, unlimited bottled water is one of the perks. Also a selection of liquors, and three bottles of wine. All four of us had the UBP as a perk so the free wine and liquor was overkill. We just ordered by the glass throughout the day. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong about how many bottles of wine. Pretty sure it's three though.

Yes, unlimited bottled water is one of the perks. Also a selection of liquors, and three bottles of wine. All four of us had the UBP as a perk so the free wine and liquor was overkill. We just ordered by the glass throughout the day. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong about how many bottles of wine. Pretty sure it's three though.

I just received my shoreside concierge letter for next month's cruise. AT least on the Breakaway, you get 3 bottles of alcohol . . . that includes selecting from the NCL branded white and red wine.

Three bottles of liquor AND three bottles of wine? Yep, that's a fair bit!

Any idea what brands of vodka are offered?

Tom

One option -- smirnoff. And based on my letter it is only 3 bottles total. Hard alcohol is on the list as well as one bottle of red and one bottle of white. Maybe that is just the Breakaway.

One option -- smirnoff. And based on my letter it is only 3 bottles total. Hard alcohol is on the list as well as one bottle of red and one bottle of white. Maybe that is just the Breakaway.

Smirnoff? If that's what they offer, they can keep it. :rolleyes:

#HowLowCanTheyGo

Smirnoff? If that's what they offer, they can keep it. :rolleyes:

#HowLowCanTheyGo

The whole list I just got:

Beefeater Gin

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagram's 7

Bacardi Rum

Cazadores Blanco Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson

Kahula

North and South Sauv Blanc (NCL branded wine)

North and South Red Blend

The whole list I just got:

Beefeater Gin

Smirnoff Vodka

Jim Beam Bourbon

Seagram's 7

Bacardi Rum

Cazadores Blanco Tequila

Dry White Vermouth

Sweet Red Vermouth

Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry

Sandeman Reserve Port

Jameson

Kahula

North and South Sauv Blanc (NCL branded wine)

North and South Red Blend

Thanks.

I can understand controlling costs, but in my opinion having a limited selection such as this comes as an insult. It is better to offer nothing, and be perceived as CHEAP, than to actually do this and confirm it! :eek:

Tom

Is there anything different, from an amenity or service standpoint, which sets the DOS apart from other suites?

Can I put aside any concerns about pre-booking entertainment or dining, and just assume that all that can be accommodated...

Great questions - following along as I've got our first Haven DOS booked for next year on the Epic TA. I know we couldn't get accommodated for a booking at a reasonable hour on the Getaway when I asked the concierge to change our Cagney's reservation to Le Bistro. She said she could only get us in the last night - at 9:00 or 9:30. :rolleyes: Wondering if it would have been different in the DOS. And thanks for the liquor list, Enavigo. Looks like Jameson and Kahlua it is. Nothing else there worth drinking for me. :(

Thanks.

I can understand controlling costs, but in my opinion having a limited selection such as this comes as an insult. It is better to offer nothing, and be perceived as CHEAP, than to actually do this and confirm it! :eek:

Tom

Once onboard, you can sometimes switch things out by asking your butler if it can be done. If it's not an outrageous switch it's likely to be done.

Once onboard, you can sometimes switch things out by asking your butler if it can be done. If it's not an outrageous switch it's likely to be done.

And sometimes you can pay the charge to upgrade if they don't allow it for free. I always switch out a Kahlua for Bailey's and have only been charged for it once. I've done the OS/DOS/GVs a dozen times

And sometimes you can pay the charge to upgrade if they don't allow it for free. I always switch out a Kahlua for Bailey's and have only been charged for it once. I've done the OS/DOS/GVs a dozen times

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Tom

We've been in several DOS and there isn't any magical extra stuff or status other than what is normally included with the given suite category. We've really not gotten any special tables in the restaurant, we wait at restaurants like anyone else. Our dinner length is the same as anyone else in that given restaurant at that given time.

We've been in several DOS and there isn't any magical extra stuff or status other than what is normally included with the given suite category. We've really not gotten any special tables in the restaurant, we wait at restaurants like anyone else. Our dinner length is the same as anyone else in that given restaurant at that given time.

I have to agree with you on this. I've not had dinner reservations and been told there were none available .... they did not magically appear because I was in a DOS nor do I expect them to.

I have to agree with you on this. I've not had dinner reservations and been told there were none available .... they did not magically appear because I was in a DOS nor do I expect them to.

Apparently I was spoiled on Celebrity. Also, in both the Royal and Penthouse suites they offer unlimited specialty dining and unlimited internet - both of which are apparently "limited" with NCL.

Tom

Apparently I was spoiled on Celebrity. Also, in both the Royal and Penthouse suites they offer unlimited specialty dining and unlimited internet - both of which are apparently "limited" with NCL.

Tom

I have the dining package as a promo but what I mean is say I at noon one day decide I want to dine at 7pm at Cagney's if space not available I've been told no so just because in DOS it doesn't mean it happens for you. Others differ in this, maybe I'm not aggressive enough ?? But my opinion is I'm paying for the suite & I don't think someone in a lesser paying cabin should have their reservations moved to accommodate me

Thanks.

Tom

You can request substitutions, we have gotten Captain Morgan spiced rum instead of the nasty Bacardi white, for example. You can also ask for better brands, but they may charge you some extra fee.

Three bottles of liquor AND three bottles of wine? Yep, that's a fair bit!

Tom

No, it's 3 bottles, period. You can get 3L of hard liquor, or 3 bottles of wine or some combination of the two. Plus a bottle of champagne (not sparkling wine).

If you sail in a Garden Villa, you get 6 bottles.

Edited by Starflyr3