Brisbane Cat payment

Does anyone know whether a Cat ferry ride can be paid with a credit card? Do we need cash? I can't find the answer on their website. They only talk about their go card which is not available in the Hamilton port terminal.

It's cash only.

If you want to use a gocard, they are available to purchase on board the citycat ferry. I'm pretty sure it is cash only though. You can purchase them on-line but they only post to Australian addresses.

Otherwise, you can buy one from the Airtrain ticket office at the airport, I don't know, but would assume you could purchase from them by credit card.

Hopefully someone else may have better info.

Does anyone know whether a Cat ferry ride can be paid with a credit card? Do we need cash? I can't find the answer on their website. They only talk about their go card which is not available in the Hamilton port terminal.

I per-purchased the Go Card over the net prior to travel to Brisbane as we are repeat visitors to Bis Vegas. Same with the Melbourne Myki card. It would be great if we only needed one travel card for all Capitol City, just like the toll e-tag.

Unless it has changed recently, it is definitely Cash only. They also prefer notes close to the cost (no $50s or $100s).:D

I travelled on it last Sunday and it was cash only. I picked up a timetable at the tourist information in Southbank and cash only was mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I per-purchased the Go Card over the net prior to travel to Brisbane as we are repeat visitors to Bis Vegas. Same with the Melbourne Myki card. It would be great if we only needed one travel card for all Capitol City, just like the toll e-tag.

Yes... though it helps with tolls that some toll operators are national, and since they've mastered interopability within the same city it's a simple extension for doing that nationally.

Whereas public transport operators aren't national so there's no need for them to cross-operate. They did look at standardising nationally but the systems are different and given the costs which provider wants to pay for it and what are their benefits?

Worst is that some also expire...