Question about gratuity on NCL's ultimate beverage package.

Tlauden

We just booked our first NCL cruise, and we got the free Ultimate Beverage Package included with our interior cabin. Reading online it looks like we are still responsible for the 18% gratuity. Its a 10 day cruise.

My question is, where does that 18% get charged?

The price if we would have bought it outright is $79 per person per day. So $790 per person, plus 18% puts the total to $932.20.

Since we got the package for free, are we responsible for the 18% of the package ($142.20 per person), or do we pay 18% gratuity on each drink that we order while onboard?

We have purchased Cheers when sailing with carnival, and you pay the gratuity when purchasing the package. The only thing they charge you with onboard is the tax while in port.

Also, Carnival limits you to 15 alcoholic drinks per day, is there a limit with NCL? I didn't see any mention of any limits.

Edited by Tlauden

We just booked our first NCL cruise, and we got the free Ultimate Beverage Package included with our interior cabin. Reading online it looks like we are still responsible for the 18% gratuity. Its a 10 day cruise. My question is, where does that 18% get charged? The price if we would have bought it outright is $79 per person per day. So $790 per person, plus 18% puts the total to $932.20. Since we got the package for free, are we responsible for the 18% of the package ($142.20 per person), or do we pay 18% gratuity on each drink that we order while onboard? We have purchased Cheers when sailing with carnival, and you pay the gratuity when purchasing the package. The only thing they charge you with onboard is the tax while in port. Also, Carnival limits you to 15 alcoholic drinks per day, is there a limit with NCL? I didn't see any mention of any limits.

The 18% would be charged at time of booking (it has already been added to your bill). You can get UNLIMITED drinks under $15 on board. For drinks that exceed $15, you pay the difference in price plus gratuity on the difference.

And there's no daily drink limit on NCL. I assume you read the terms - bottled water, specialty coffee, and mini bar items are excluded. The package covers drinks up to $15. Anything more and you pay the difference.

Welcome to NCL! Once you go UBP, it's tough to cruise any other way.

Edit: That bird swooped in too fast and grabbed the fry.

Edited by TheDougOut

And there's no daily drink limit on NCL. I assume you read the terms - bottled water, specialty coffee, and mini bar items are excluded. The package covers drinks up to $15. Anything more and you pay the difference.

Welcome to NCL! Once you go UBP, it's tough to cruise any other way.

Edit: That bird swooped in too fast and grabbed the fry.

Yup, Read the terms, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some fine print somewhere I wants seeing!

If you have already booked your cabin, no need to worry any further. It was added at booking. If you look at your invoice you should see a line reference the service charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok, Thank you. Ill see if I can find where to look at the invoice!