Norwegian Jade

ccdaniel2707

Just cruised on the Jade 1/3-1/8.

First NCL cruise. Almost my last.

I posted a review, but here's what I'll tell you-

-Waterslide dismantled and at least on our cruise the main pool (only one kids can use) was out of order literally half of the time.

-Room service is a disaster.

High points: Grand Pacific is a relatively nice MDR and embarkation day lunch there was quite enjoyable. Most crew were hardworking and friendly. Kid's club was really excellent.

• 2 weeks later...
Just cruised on the Jade 1/3-1/8.

First NCL cruise. Almost my last.

I posted a review, but here's what I'll tell you-

-Waterslide dismantled and at least on our cruise the main pool (only one kids can use) was out of order literally half of the time.

-Room service is a disaster.

High points: Grand Pacific is a relatively nice MDR and embarkation day lunch there was quite enjoyable. Most crew were hardworking and friendly. Kid's club was really excellent.

Why was room-service a disaster?

Are there any hints for the Jade? It will be our first time on the ship.

Just off the Jade last week. Haven't posted review yet. Glad we weren't traveling with kids, because slide and one pool were closed, as another reviewer mentioned. Other than that, trip was great, service was very good, too. Ship in good shape, shows good, really no issues. Tampa a great port to cruise out of.

Hints? If it's windy out, there are corners at the Bali Hi bar that are wind-free enough to play cards. Some of the servers are from China and training for service on the new Norwegian ship scheduled for China sailings. Those waiters are especially attentive(handy to know since so many cruisers have the uBP, so table service at bars can be slow otherwise.) If they have a " talk with the captain" show, go, it's very interesting. Have fun!

Sent from my P008 using Forums mobile app

Just got off the jade. We got room service for a late night snack one night and had no problems with it. 30ish minutes and food was decent.

Drink stations had orange juice, apple juice, plus 2 other juices we never tried in the morning. The rest of the day it usually had iced tea, mango flavored water, strawberry kiwi flavored water, and maybe lemonade??? Not sure, had UBP so usually just got Diet Pepsi.

Tip: if you like iced coffee but don't want to pay for the iced cappuccino or iced mocha at the coffee bar - go to any bar on the ship and ask for a plastic cup and straw; go to the coffee station at the buffet, full cup w ice, coffee and milk or cream... voila, free iced coffee [emoji3].

Wind was a real problem. Walk all sides of both decks and you can often find an area with less wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sanger727

Why was room-service a disaster?

In her review elsewhere of her cruise on the Jade she said that room service never got their orders correct.

That was not our experience during our two lengthy sailings on the Jade last year. We ordered continental breakast several times and except for one time when they forgot yogurt the orders were always correct and at the time we'd requested.

On recent cruise on spirit in the restaurants we were only offered menu that showed coffee that you had to pay for.

Is that the same on all NCL ships?most cruiseline offer waiter served coffee or tea with Dinner complementary.

Nope not with dinner. They provide the free stuff at breakfast.

They want you to buy drink I suppose!

The jade is a lovely ship you'll have a brilliant time. I don't have any jade specific hints and tips but I do have first time NCL tips: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/12/04/8-things-i-wish-i-knew-before-cruising-with-ncl/

I hope that helps :)

On recent cruise on spirit in the restaurants we were only offered menu that showed coffee that you had to pay for.

Is that the same on all NCL ships?most cruiseline offer waiter served coffee or tea with Dinner complementary.

Huh? I've never heard of paying for coffee or tea with dinner. Now, the only menu they give you is for the pay extra stuff; cappuccino, latte, etc. Granted, I never tried because I don't drink coffee that late, but plain coffee was certainly available all day and night in the buffet free, I can't believe you can't request it in the MDR.

Just off the Jade, free coffee with every meal no matter where you eat...Best coffe came from both Cagney's and Le Bistro where they have Lavazza and its French pressed at the table...

There is a coffee bar next to the Aloha bar that does offers "upscale coffees" for a charge, but plenty of free coffee all over the ship...

Rob

Oh weird! Maybe I am wrong. I didn't think you could get regular coffee/tea with dinner. Maybe you can but it definitely isn't offered or advertised at all :-) only been offered with breakfast.

We just got off the Jade yesterday and we had coffee after every dinner in every restaurant we went to. The menus does have espresso, cappuccino, etc. Listed with the cost but regular coffee and tea is available and it was offered to us.

Just off the Jade yesterday too. All the regular coffee, tea, iced tea, etc.. is included with all your meals. The specialty restaurants even make it at your table, using the french press. We don't care for it. It's look neat, but tastes too strong, and usually has some grounds in it.

Just off the Jade yesterday too. All the regular coffee, tea, iced tea, etc.. is included with all your meals. The specialty restaurants even make it at your table, using the french press. We don't care for it. It's look neat, but tastes too strong, and usually has some grounds in it.

We drank the Lavazza French pressed coffee every morning at Cagney's, as well as at Le Bistro when we ate there...Both my wife and I love our coffee and we both thought that it was always a "very smooth, rich cup of coffee and never with any grinds...We enjoyed every cup, as always, we all have different tastes...We drank the coffee from the buffet and never had any complaints about that either...But both were different...

Enjoy...

Rob

A little off topic, but were there things to do after dinner/main show?

Thanks!

MARAPRINCE

There were main shows at 7:30 and 9:30, a game show at 8:30. Outside of that was music/parties in lounges and that went late. There was usually a party starting at 10:15. Live music in venues starting around 6 pm. Assorted live music, DJs, dancing, karaoke. Things like that.

Thinking ahead for our April cruise, Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya.

Were those show times eastern or central? Traditionally, we've always done the early show with dinner following, but the shows have most often been 6:30 and 8:30. Trying to decide what time to make dinner reservations. We love the shows. Hard not knowing the daily schedules.

Any information and input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Thinking ahead for our April cruise, Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya.

Were those show times eastern or central? ... Any information and input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Times are ship time. Ships do not use eastern or central but whatever time zone the ship is in. So all times are ship time.