Legoland visit before cruise out of Port Canveral

dbcruz

Doing a "Girl's Trip" this fall with my Niece-in-Law and my 4 yr-old Great Niece - DCL out of Port Canaveral, departing on a Saturday. Did a big WDW vaca last year. Thinking of visiting Legoland (Winterhaven FL) prior to cruise. Planning to arrive in FL (MCO) late Thursday, doing Legoland on Friday, and heading to cruise terminal Saturday morning, with plans to arrive in Port Canaveral by noon. This will be over Labor Day weekend.

Wondering if any fellow cruisers have experience with a similar itinerary, regardless of whether it was over a holiday weekend or not.

Original thoughts are to use a private car service MCO to Winterhaven, then to port, and from port back to MCO. Legoland appears to be about 40 minutes from MCO, and about an hour & forty minutes to the port.

Feedback and suggestions will be appreciated!

I think you would be better off with a one-way rental car if you can fit. I've done one-way minivan rentals that can handle 5 people and bags. There are several agencies in the Port Canaveral area that have free shuttles to the cruise terminals.

LOL, I need help because I don't know where Winterhaven and MCO are. Im guessing DCL is Disney Cruise line. We have rented a car several times from the Orlando airport (MCO?) and drove to port Canaveral. Seems about an hour and half drive to the ship. The hard part that takes a little time is turning in the car and getting a shuttle to the ship. That seems to take an hour itself.

Barry

LOL, I need help because I don't know where Winterhaven and MCO are. Im guessing DCL is Disney Cruise line. We have rented a car several times from the Orlando airport (MCO?) and drove to port Canaveral. Seems about an hour and half drive to the ship. The hard part that takes a little time is turning in the car and getting a shuttle to the ship. That seems to take an hour itself.

Barry

Legoland in Winter Haven is around 45-60 minutes from MCO, opposite direction from Port Canaveral. I'd budget 90-120 minutes to get from Legoland to Port Canaveral.

Legoland in Winter Haven is around 45-60 minutes from MCO, opposite direction from Port Canaveral. I'd budget 90-120 minutes to get from Legoland to Port Canaveral.

I would budget at least 120 minutes. There is a lot of road construction around Orlando and you could get into traffic around WDW. Also be prepared to pay tolls.

Don

I would budget at least 120 minutes. There is a lot of road construction around Orlando and you could get into traffic around WDW. Also be prepared to pay tolls.

Don

I'd miss most of the WDW traffic by taking 417.

Doing a "Girl's Trip" this fall with my Niece-in-Law and my 4 yr-old Great Niece - DCL out of Port Canaveral, departing on a Saturday. Did a big WDW vaca last year. Thinking of visiting Legoland (Winterhaven FL) prior to cruise. Planning to arrive in FL (MCO) late Thursday, doing Legoland on Friday, and heading to cruise terminal Saturday morning, with plans to arrive in Port Canaveral by noon. This will be over Labor Day weekend.

Wondering if any fellow cruisers have experience with a similar itinerary, regardless of whether it was over a holiday weekend or not.

Original thoughts are to use a private car service MCO to Winterhaven, then to port, and from port back to MCO. Legoland appears to be about 40 minutes from MCO, and about an hour & forty minutes to the port.

Way too many abbreviations for me to even try to follow you.

DON

• 7 months later...

We've been twice with my family of 3 (ages 2-11) and they have all loved it. If you'd like some tips for your visit, I've captured some in my journal entry here: http://reviewswhatsnew.blogspot.ca/2017/03/tips-for-your-visit-to-legoland.html