Is it worth it?

krisbtr

My dh and I have a balcony on the lido deck on the conquest in April. We've only ever had balconies on upper before, so we got this to be close to all the action. My question is, is an ocean suite worth it or not? Love the idea of a suite, but back again to be 2 or 3 decks from everything. Any opinions?

It really depends on a lot variables. How mobile you are, how much you are accustomed to walking, do you want less hallway noise, etc.

My wife and i love balcony rooms. We love obstructed balcony rooms even more. Why? Because if you book early enough, you get an "obstructed" room at the end and your view isn't obstructed at all. Usually there is less foot traffic near those rooms, less kids around those rooms, etc.

With that being said, we are taking a super cheap cruise in September and will have the cheapest (non bunkbed room) in the bottom of the ship. We'll see how that goes!

We also prefer the Lido balcony because of location. The only upsell call I got was to go from Lido to Ocean Suite for a decent price but I turned it down because I didn't like the location. Maybe some day but for now we will stick with the Lido.

The suite (OS in this case) is larger than a balcony cabin (both the cabin and the balcony itself), the bathroom has a shower-tub and a double sink (vs. just a shower and single sink in the balcony cabins) and also has a separate little dressing area right outside the bathroom. You get the additional, though small, benefits of priority check-in, priority tendering and priority debarkation. If none of that is more appealing to you than being closer to the Lido deck activities, then perhaps you should stick with the balcony cabin on deck 9.

I've always thought I'd like to try a suite, and when I do, as much as I like Carnival, it won't be on a Carnival ship. Not enough perks, and luxury to be "worth" the cost...to me. I want to feel pampered, and in my opinion, Carnival suites are just larger staterooms with a bathtub. Now Norwegian, Royal or Celebrity...yes please!

It really depends on if you are willing to pay what they are asking.

We personally LOVE Lido balconies, and it's all we've booked for our past 3 cruises on Carnival. (RCCL doesn't offer them) :D

We love the convenience of being steps away from all of the action, yet the cabins are so quiet.

I am sure you will be happy either way.. Let us know what you decide, and good luck!!!:D