transportation to Bruges

paganwoman

We are on the Prinsendam for her TA in May and my question is, does HAL provide any transportation (for a price obviously) from Zeebrugge to Bruges outside of the port excursions. I mean like a bus or other means. We want to do Bruges on our own but really don't want the hassle of taking a train. I know we can always get a taxi but wanted to be sure if the cruise line offered anything first? Anyone been to this port recently?

We are on the Prinsendam for her TA in May and my question is, does HAL provide any transportation (for a price obviously) from Zeebrugge to Bruges outside of the port excursions. I mean like a bus or other means. We want to do Bruges on our own but really don't want the hassle of taking a train. I know we can always get a taxi but wanted to be sure if the cruise line offered anything first? Anyone been to this port recently?

We did this on the Prinsendam and I think you will enjoy the itinerary ;)

There was nothing in our shore excursions when our roll call was planning so we arranged for a private transfer. It was very reasonable for our group ;)

Once on board, HAL did offer a transfer. HAL's price was higher of course and, what was important to us is we got going to Brugges much faster than the others. ;) If you have to do it on your own, opt for the taxi. When we did it, the price was round trip and they were there on time to pick us up.

When we stopped there on our Voyage of the Vikings in 2015 we ended up getting a local taxi from the port area and it worked fine when our prearranged transportation did not show. I would try to find another couple on the ship and take a cab. It was only about 20 minute ride as I recall.

We were on the Prinsendam last September with a stop in Zebrugge. If I recall, there was a free shuttle from port to town. We enjoyed the train to Brugge, which was a pleasant ride. The train station is maybe a 15 minute scenic walk from the center of Brugge and runs regularly.