Sel de Mer Available Ms Noordam Alaska 2017

Crew News

I went to book Specialty Dining for my June 2017 cruise on the Ms Noordam and noted that Le Cirque is not available but Sel de Mer will be.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Sel-de-Mer.pdf

Since each menu item is priced individually, only reservations are accepted and a confirmation number is provided. Hopefully, my Mariner discount will make it a real bargain.

It is good to know that some of the Konigsdam innovations are being implemented on other HAL ships.

Any recommendations on menu items that are "not to be missed"?

Edited by Crew News

Will "Sel de Mer" be available every day on the Noordam or only one day each week in the Pinnacle? I looked at the menu and it shows special offerings for each day of the week. That makes me wonder if HAL will have a dining area set aside for this dining experience.

I was told on Koningsdam, although it may have changed since, that on the other ships Sel de Mer would be a set menu or set choices and a set price similar to the way Le Cirque was set up, and not 100% a la carte as it is on Koningsdam. They knew at the time that the "pop up night" would appear on Vista and Signature Class ships in summer 2017 but said the pricing, etc may be different.

Time or an announcement will tell for sure, but glad that however they do it this FAB menu will be on more than one ship

Will "Sel de Mer" be available every day on the Noordam or only one day each week in the Pinnacle? I looked at the menu and it shows special offerings for each day of the week. That makes me wonder if HAL will have a dining area set aside for this dining experience.

When I made my reservation on the Noordam, it was available on only one night of the 14-day cruise. I suspect that the menu was copied from the Konigsdam and the daily specials will not be available on other ships.

The location for my reservation was not stated on the website or on the emailed confirmation.

I will report my Sel de Mer experience here on CC in June 2017.

I was told on Koningsdam, although it may have changed since, that on the other ships Sel de Mer would be a set menu or set choices and a set price similar to the way Le Cirque was set up, and not 100% a la carte as it is on Koningsdam. They knew at the time that the "pop up night" would appear on Vista and Signature Class ships in summer 2017 but said the pricing, etc may be different.

Time or an announcement will tell for sure, but glad that however they do it this FAB menu will be on more than one ship

This is my understanding as well. It will replace Pinnacle once per cruise.

It won't have the exact Kdam menu. Sel de Mer was the best restaurant on Kdam btw. Simply great.

While I was excited to try sel de mer on the koningsdam I didn't really care for it. My companion ordered coq au vin and I ordered the salt crusted branzino. We split the dishes. He wasn't impressed with it and neither was I. It was no better than the food in the dining room. I wouldn't return. I enjoy the other specialty restaurants more and it was on the expensive side before mariner discount.

• 1 month later...

I believe it will be in the Pinnacle Grill. No regular Pinnacle Grill menu that night. What I'm trying to find out is the specific Sel De Mer menu in ships others than the Koningsdam. I am sure it will be an abbreviated menu for the night, perhaps offering three main courses from which to chose, etc. There is no way they could offer the full menu. Anyone know about this?

Believe the Sel De Mer will be offered in the Pinnacle Grill. We enjoyed it on the Koningsdam last month. I thought the escargot and froi gras was very good. We had the catch of the day and Dover sole as well. Both we very good.

Yes, we just returned from the Koningsdam as well. But ... on other ships where the Sel De Mer is just offered on night in the Pinnacle Grill what is the menu? There is no way they can offer the full menu that's on the Koningsdam.

I went to book Specialty Dining for my June 2017 cruise on the Ms Noordam and noted that Le Cirque is not available but Sel de Mer will be.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Sel-de-Mer.pdf

Since each menu item is priced individually, only reservations are accepted and a confirmation number is provided. Hopefully, my Mariner discount will make it a real bargain.

It is good to know that some of the Konigsdam innovations are being implemented on other HAL ships.

Any recommendations on menu items that are "not to be missed"?

I believe the menu for Sel De Mer (EXCEPT ON THE KONINGSDAM) will offer less choices ... perhaps three main courses, etc. And, yes, your Mariner 3-star, etc., discount applies! Does anyone have a copy of the abbreviated menu? We ate at Sel De Mer on the Koningsdam twice.

I'm sad. I was hoping for Sel de Mer on the Zaandam next month, but only Le Cirque is still listed. As it is 36 days, I think there will be more than one Le Cirque, but I didn't check the dates. If they switch to Sel de Mer, would that also be on multiple days?

That looks like the menu for Sel de Mer on the Koningsdam.

We are on the NA the first week of April and they just posted Sel de Mer for a speciality night dinner in the PG. It shows the entire menu as an option with the same ala carte pricing as on the KD. Our last PG manager confirmed they were replacing Le Cirque with Seller de Mer. It is obviously happening sooner rather than later on some ships.

[ATTACH]404419[/ATTACH]Fruits de Mer

It's listed as an appetizer but we each had the soup and then split this as our dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From your photo, I can understand how this could be an entree for two!

Are able to identify all of the seafood in the dish? I see Shrimp, Clams, Crab Legs. Anything else or is what I am seeing incorrect?

Pleased to see that a slice of lemon is served without having to be requested!