Sanchos/Playa/Paradise Plz HELP

aainsjen

SO Im traveling with my family and my husband isnt one to leave the ship especially in Cozumel! We have 3 little boys 4,5,and 7 which do we go to?

Playa is $30 and includes all toys

Paradise is $3 to get in then $18 for toys

Sanchos is free I believe to get in then $12 for toys...

BUT we are 1 of 6 ships in port that day :( And did I mention the hubby hates crowds.

Ive read tons of reviews and cant decide, any help/opinion is super appreciated!

Playa Mia is probably the better choice for your boys - does the $30 fee include transport? Food? Drinks? :confused:

Cozumel is one of the easiest and safest ports in the Caribbean - why does your husband want to stay on the ship?

You can book Playa Mia on your own (check their web site) and taxi there on your own for about $20+ each way (for the cab, not per person)

Edited by JohninDC

If you want somewhere quieter I would consider a day pass to one of the resort hotels - possibly Allegra or El Cozumeleno with kids that age. They could access the day care program, or Allegra has a smaller splashground than Playa Mia.

I don't know from experience, but reports suggest your children would be too small to access the ocean water toys at the resorts you mention so of the three you mention I would also say Playa Mia.

Edited by c-leg5

• 1 month later...

We visited Playa Mia and it was a good experience. For 3 adults and 1 child, we spent: $20 cab to go (tip included), $161 entrance (includes buffet but not open bar option), and $20 cab ride back (tip included). The beach there, like in all of Cozumel, is very coarse and not the powdery stuff you'll see on brochures. It was clean though, as was the entire facility. They offer massages and have a large play area for the kids. I took a pedal boat out a couple times and it was great. The food was pretty good I thought.

Lots of guacamole, chips, lasagna, taquitos and sides. Note on drinks: the drinks included are basically ice cold punch

(orange, apple, grape). If you want a Coke or a mixed drink, those are for sale (unless you bought the open bar option). The cab ride there was easy: basically go off the boat and forward then left to find the cabs. Cabbies were waiting at the front of Playa Mia we left to come back. Its a 10-15 minute ride.

Our ship was docked from 9am-530pm so we had the entire day to spend at Playa Mia.

SO Im traveling with my family and my husband isnt one to leave the ship especially in Cozumel! We have 3 little boys 4,5,and 7 which do we go to?

BUT we are 1 of 6 ships in port that day :( And did I mention the hubby hates crowds.

Ive read tons of reviews and cant decide, any help/opinion is super appreciated!

How do you find out how many ships are in port when you are going?

We are doing an excursion to Passion Island the day we are there. Seemed to make the most sense for our needs that day. I was too scared to do the other beaches on our own, and after pricing it out with food and activities and transportation, for us, it was easier to book an excursion. Plus, I think the catamaran might be fun. We'll see!

How do you find out how many ships are in port when you are going?

We are doing an excursion to Passion Island the day we are there. Seemed to make the most sense for our needs that day. I was too scared to do the other beaches on our own, and after pricing it out with food and activities and transportation, for us, it was easier to book an excursion. Plus, I think the catamaran might be fun. We'll see!

http://www.puertamaya.com/port-schedule.aspx shows the port schedule for Puerta Maya. I am sure you can look up other cruise docks and find their schedules as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I would choose playa mia above all others, just because there are more things to do and it spread out, so you don't really feel like it is crowded. You can be at the beach, in the Waterpark that is on the water, but there is also a Waterpark on land with slides and pirate ship and other statues. There is a cold hot tub and a pool. There is a place for everyone, your husband can chill in the cold hot tub and have it all to himself, since nobody wants to sit in the cold tub