Help...first cruise

The Hammer66

I am about to put a Deposit down on our First cruise....

Any perks to booking thru RCI ?

Or should i be Looking somewhere else...book air fare thru them or Seperate?

What happens after i pick room and Gratuities online. ?

I see talk of people checking into there cruise. ? ? Explain

Do i purchase drink package on Boat or ahead of time.....does that include first day....

Probably wont have enough drinks first day for that to pay off....too busy exploring the Allure...

Thanks ... sure i will have more Questions

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Don't stress out about it. Just get air fare separately, then the rest do it while on board. It's your first time cruising, so don't stress out or over do it. If you have time, you can check out this articles on tips for first timer to deal with cruises. Enjoy your first cruise! Here's the article link: http://onemagnetavisit.blogspot.com/2016/12/5-cruise-tips-for-first-timers.html

Do i purchase drink package on Boat or ahead of time.....does that include first day....

Probably wont have enough drinks first day for that to pay off....too busy exploring the Allure...

There are no perks to booking directly through the cruise line. Some TAs offer small perks, like a bottle of wine. I like having an independent advocate if something goes wrong.

Book your air fare on your own & fly in the day before. Too much can go wrong if you fly the same day you sail. If that is your only option take the earliest direct flight possible.

When you pick your cabin & pay your gratuities on line, you can select & pay for the beverage pack then. If you want to buy it upon arrival there will be some type of table / desk set up in a visible space upon embarkation. Only you know if you generally drink enough to make the package a cost effective option for you. One generally must consume 5-6 drinks per day to break even.

When people talk about checking in, it's a 2 step process. Step 1 you fill out informational Qs on line before you sail. You usually have to get this completed 24+ hours before your day of departure. Then when you arrive at the pier to board the ship, you will give your large suitcase to a porter / stevedore to load onto the ship; go through a metal detector for security; then stand in line to open your on board account. A ship is a cashless society. Everything gets charged to your room key which is tied to a credit card or cash. Don't open your on board account with a debit card; it's a p.i.t.a. to get the daily holds off & it can screw up any automatic payments you have set up.

On drink package many cruises now have 20 percent off the package if your cruise is included in that I would book it now. If not you can buy drink package the 2nd day.

Normally I would book airfare myself but I got a great deal on Europe cruise. you could price both.

Once you book you can look at drink package online and book that or restaurants or shore excursions and also shows.

Great resource is Roll Call you can logon and talk to others that are on same questions, they should be able to help you with some of your questions

1st job on board check you allocated table in the main dining room, if you don't like its location the maitre d' may be able to change it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree , but you are assuming they choose traditional dinning, which I do not think is even a option on a couple of the newer ships