Day 8At Sea

Day 9At Sea

Day 10Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Day 11Hualien, Taiwan

Day 12Taipei (Keelung), Taiwan

Day 13At Sea

Day 14Hong Kong, China

Day 15Hong Kong, China

Specifically seeking thoughts on Vietnamese ports and suggestions for trips. Would seem a shame not to see Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh.

Also any thoughts and comments, from recent cruises, on the ship?

Thanks

Neil

We did a Millennium holiday cruise out of HK in 2014 - although it sailed on to Bangkok and Singapore rather than back to Taiwan/HK.

It was an excellent cruise - we really enjoyed the Vietnamese ports.

We did a two day private excursion In Halong bay. Day one was Hanoi, a long day but excellent - temples, Hanoi Hilton, markets, traditional lunch and the water puppet show. Day two was a boat trip around Halong bay and entry to the caves with free time in the town we docked at (small market, some shops, not much but interesting!).

Chan May - again, we booked a private one day tour here which was for ancient temples etc. Sadly, this was the day Jet lag caught us and we had to back out as we just couldn't do it (we're only early 30s!). Our group had a great tour though.

Phu My - booked ships transfer in to Ho Chi Minh then self guided (with help of guide book and map!) around cathedral, opera, post office, reunification palace (amazing!!!) and shopping district. Had lunch in a restaurant over looking the city.

We are definitely going back to Vietnam, we loved it!

The only thing that strikes me about your tour is the weather will be odd. You'll start in Hong Kong at about 17/18 degrees Celsius, it'll be similar in your first two ports in Vietnam... and then you'll steam in humid 35+ degrees for the three days to/in/from phu my... and then it will be cold again!

We did a Millennium holiday cruise out of HK in 2014 - although it sailed on to Bangkok and Singapore rather than back to Taiwan/HK.

It was an excellent cruise - we really enjoyed the Vietnamese ports.

We did a two day private excursion In Halong bay. Day one was Hanoi, a long day but excellent - temples, Hanoi Hilton, markets, traditional lunch and the water puppet show. Day two was a boat trip around Halong bay and entry to the caves with free time in the town we docked at (small market, some shops, not much but interesting!).

Chan May - again, we booked a private one day tour here which was for ancient temples etc. Sadly, this was the day Jet lag caught us and we had to back out as we just couldn't do it (we're only early 30s!). Our group had a great tour though.

Phu My - booked ships transfer in to Ho Chi Minh then self guided (with help of guide book and map!) around cathedral, opera, post office, reunification palace (amazing!!!) and shopping district. Had lunch in a restaurant over looking the city.

We are definitely going back to Vietnam, we loved it!

The only thing that strikes me about your tour is the weather will be odd. You'll start in Hong Kong at about 17/18 degrees Celsius, it'll be similar in your first two ports in Vietnam... and then you'll steam in humid 35+ degrees for the three days to/in/from phu my... and then it will be cold again!

Thanks for your informative reply. Early days, 11 months to go, but starting the research & planning now.

Two friends of ours have just booked this cruise. They got a fantastic deal - paid about £2000.00 less than we have paid for our 14 night cruise one month before from Hong Kong to Vietnam, Thailand & Singapore (equivalent 2A balcony). Sounds like a bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are on millennium now Hong Kong to Shanghai. The ship I think is in good shape. We are in Hue Danang (Chan May)today. As we don't like long tours we are staying on the ship.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

We really enjoyed our day in Hoi An, even if it did pour with rain. It was fascinating and somewhere we'd return to. The journey really wasn't that bad as the scenery was constantly changing and the guide was informative ;).

Two friends of ours have just booked this cruise. They got a fantastic deal - paid about £2000.00 less than we have paid for our 14 night cruise one month before from Hong Kong to Vietnam, Thailand & Singapore (equivalent 2A balcony). Sounds like a bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That sounds interesting.... always like a good deal! [emoji2]

We are on millennium now Hong Kong to Shanghai. The ship I think is in good shape. We are in Hue Danang (Chan May)today. As we don't like long tours we are staying on the ship.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your reply.

I'd be interested in hearing about your cruise experience when your trip is completed.

Have a great time.