Self-pour beer despenser

bsg5698

I've read the Sunshine has a beer despenser on the Lido. $3.95 for a 14oz. I think it's ridiculous both passengers in the cabin must buy the Cheers package - $800 additional dollars is not worth it for us! Anyway if you used it is the beer cold? Is the line long? When does it close? Thanks

I've read the Sunshine has a beer despenser on the Lido. $3.95 for a 14oz. I think it's ridiculous both passengers in the cabin must buy the Cheers package - $800 additional dollars is not worth it for us! Anyway if you used it is the beer cold? Is the line long? When does it close? Thanks

I tried it a couple of times and the beer was cold. There was never a line and I don't remember it being closed although I really was not looking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did not have a good experience with it on the Glory, got a glass full of foam. I had to take it to the nearest bar for a refund, did not try again after that. Never saw a line there in passing, but thought it was kind of tucked away on the ship, came upon it while wandering around the ship. Great idea and price though.

They tend to close them down at night, sometime after 10pm. I passed them on the way to get midnight pizza and they would be closed.

Most of the time they are open, and work great.

One word of advise, make sure the handle is in the closed position before swiping your card. Kids ( or maybe adults) like to pull the handle down ( open) as the walk by and if you miss it, you pour out oz's of beer that you are charged for.

If you get on the Vista, the Red Frog Pub has all their beers on these systems so you can try everything they are brewing ( well maybe not the seasonal, if they have one when you are on)

18 days till our Ecstasy Cruise! This will be the older kids first time cruising!

Then we will start our countdown to our cruise on the Liberty in setember with just our littlest! Which is also her first cruise.

Then will start the countdown to our cruise for just hubby and I in Feb of next year on the Magic!

County down the days!!!

Beer dispensor is available. I had cheers but had to try it anyway just because I loved the idea of having a self serve beer. Be careful though because you get like 15 seconds to pour (it will only charge you what you pour) but if you are not a great pourer like me you may end up with a cup of foam and minimal beer. Like I said it will only charge what you pour but for myself who had Cheers I did not want that to count as one of my 15 drinks per day. It says on machine that it does not count for Cheers so we thought we were working the system by paying for drinks before we got cut off at our max but when I received by bill at end of cruise I was not charged so it must have counted toward my drink count. Machines I believed closed at 11 pm.

Has anyone seen any other beers other than Red Frog and Heineken?

Also going on Sensation, , does anyone know where it is located?

Bud lite, I am unaware that the Sensation has a beer station, but I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my iPhone

Used it on the Sunshine and the Vista. As mentioned the vista has the machines at about 5 tables in the pub. I tried it once and it worked great. They only offered 2 beers on them they were the IPA and the dark. Both good beers. Cheapest beer on the ship unless you get a freebie.

Used it on the Sunshine and the Vista. As mentioned the vista has the machines at about 5 tables in the pub. I tried it once and it worked great. They only offered 2 beers on them they were the IPA and the dark. Both good beers. Cheapest beer on the ship unless you get a freebie.

Tried it on the Vista as well, worked just fine and no waiting (not that it was a problem).

Tried it on the Vista as well, worked just fine and no waiting (not that it was a problem).

Curious about the Vista as well, were they just in the pub or outside and all over the ship going on that soon as well