Flying to Budapest

debut

You need to edit the title. The questions have are nothing to do with flying to Budapest, they're to do with seat assignments on Air France.

You may want to include your class of travel and any elite status you hold because that could affect your ability to assign seats.

Sorry, maybe should have just asked when do seat assignments come available for overseas flights. We have the assignments for Little Rock to Atlanta but not from Atlanta to BudApest on Air France. Would like to get two seats together if possible. Would be in economy more than likely. Still almost 8 months out.

Now for seat assignments for the trans Atlantic. If you are on AF metal (meaning that Air France is the operating carrier) and AF is the ticketing carrier, then use the AF locator code to find your flight(s) on the AF website.

Wait. What do mean "will be in economy more than likely"? If you purchased your tickets you know the class of service. Do you have a connection in CDG or AMS? Still too many variable for a clear answer. Basically you need the locator for the operating carrier. If that differs from the ticketing carrier, you will need to make some calls to get the applicable locators.

We have the assignments for Little Rock to Atlanta but not from Atlanta to BudApest on Air France.

If you are flying ATL to Budapest on AF, you'll be flying ATL-CDG and then CDG-BUD. As mentioned, you need the AF record locator (6 digit code) to log on to AF and choose your seats for ATL-CDG. For intra-europe flights, AF may not let you select seats in advance, so for CDG-BUD your seats may be assigned upon check-in.

If you are flying AF economy, I believe they are now charging for early seat assignments.

http://www.airfrance.de/DE/en/common/resainfovol/services/choix-siege-standard.htm

Which is why you can get a seat assignment on the DL operated segment but not on the AF segments (without a fee). You do get to select a seat at 30 hours out.

I just tested the DL website for my next SkyTeam flight. We do not have assigned seats on one leg of a KLM portion. It brought up a seat map and warned we may be charged.

Originally this flight was booked through CDG, but I called and changed a couple hours later when I found a better itinerary and dates. On the original booking, which I had booked online, I had gone back into the DL website and was able to book seats at a cost on the AF portion. Ate the cost of that rash move, when I changed flights.:) On the new itinerary, on the first KLM flight after the DL TA, we did get free seat assignments (perhaps because I upgraded to PE on the TA portion?)