Hairdryers on Voyager?

We will be taking our first cruise on RCI in March. I am unable to find out on line if there are hairdryers in the balcony staterooms. Can anyone provide an answer? Many thanks!

Haur dryers and mini fridges in every stateroom.

Hair dryers in the room require you to hold the button down the entire time you are drying. They work fine but it takes almost 30 minutes for me to dry my hair with them (about 15 minutes with my own dryer). I pack my own when driving to port but use their's if we are flying.

Hate to correct Bob but we have been told on Liberty (as well as several people we know) that they are not fridges but "coolers". The coolers on Liberty did not cool anything and it was not just our stateroom but at least 5 other couples had the same problem and we were all told by different stateroom attendants that they are not fridges but "coolers". Two staterooms were suites, one a junior suite, and the others I believe were balcony rooms. Liberty is the only ship I have been on that the "coolers" did not seem to work and it was after dry dock. No guarantees you will get a working "cooler".

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes...but the hairdryer is sort of the "hotel" type. Snub nosed, and you have to hold the button the entire time.....and , it doesn't blow very hard at all, which sort of defeats the purpose of "blow drying"...Bring your own hairdryer!

The fridges are the "dorm cubes"...and they will cool fine if you keep the cabinet door ajar (they are in a cabinet, and they need airflow to operate right, so stick something in the door to keep it from closing all the way.)

Edited by cb at sea

Definitely bring your own dryer! As others have said, they're not only weak and you have to hold the button down, but they usually overheat and shut off every 1-2 minutes and need a 5 minute cooling off period before the same thing repeating. Not worth the time, frustration, and frizzy hair! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks!

My cruise documents translated to norwegian clearly states no hairdryers, but i checked the non translated version and you seem to be right :)

It probably does if it is translated. They are stricter with foreign (non-US) products because of the outlets and the wiring for the ships. A lot of people bring adapters that are not converters for the outlets and it causes problems. I have read on cruise critics forums that they are stricter on many Australian cruises (however do not have first hand knowledge of this) and we found that when we cruised out of Panama that the list was different for what was allowed and what was not. I did have a power strip on that sailing that they pulled out and because it was American and did not have surge protection on it they allowed it but they kept others. So they probably do have a different list for translations assuming their products are not wired for the 110 volts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums