Is it just us noticing new cruises prices have gone crazy

justfred

The cruise lines can charge whatever they want. You can decide to pay that if you want.

If they cannot sell the ship out at the price they are charging, they will lower the price. If they do sell the ship out at that price, the price will not go down.

They are a for profit company, not a charity. They have no interest in giving away anything for less money than they can extract from everyone.

If they could charge $5000 a day for a cruise and people would pay it, then they would charge that amount.

It always amazes me when people complain about the price of something and compare what they paid for the service/item previously and wonder why the price went up.

It amazes me when consumers defend a corporate giant making more net profit in a year than anyone here would ever hope to acquire over their entire lifetime. Curious. Do you hold stock in this company? If so, how much?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

As the original poster asked. Are they trying to get rid of us oldies. I would say yes they do because most oldies except the world, complain about almost everything and don't spend much.

Now before you jump on my case, I said most oldies not all. We are not total oldies at 62, but we spend and never complain about anything. It's a vacation. There's more to complain about back home. We are just thankful we can cruise when so many can't. And as alway's no one is forcing anyone to pay the prices they charge or for anything else. Don't like it, do something else. Maybe vacation on Route 66, stay at a Motel 6 for $39.99 and you'll be happier...plus, they'll leave the light on for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow that is a rather monstrous thing to say. OP has the intent to save money. You compare them to a person only able to afford a 40$/night motel room. Being frugal is not a sinful act. I hope you find peace with yourself, truly.

It amazes me when consumers defend a corporate giant making more net profit in a year than anyone here would ever hope to acquire over their entire lifetime. Curious. Do you hold stock in this company? If so, how much?

They are a for profit corporate giant. More profits, more jobs, trickle down economics blah blah blah..:rolleyes:

The perception is, the economy is better, so now they're demanding a bigger piece of the pie. Best bet is to book early, and check weekly for price drops, as you can re-book as much as you need prior to final payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can't just chop and change in UK. If we wanted to try for a price drop we'd have to cancel, lose the deposit and rebook. I know when I booked my upcoming cruise through a US TA, I managed to bag a $400 price reduction. Would never happen over here.

My only advice would be to not limit yourselves to one cruise line. They are all relatively similar, and if you lock yourself into only one cruise line, you are stuck paying whatever they ask if you want to cruise.

For example, I had a cruise for 2018 booked on Norwegian, a line I have not yet sailed, because their price was the best at the time. But a few weeks ago I noticed Celebrity had a better deal (once you took all things into account), so I cancelled the Norwegian cruise and switched to Celebrity. Since the loyalty perks for most of us aren't worth much, why would you tie your loyalty to them any more than they tie it to you?

Edited by Earthworm Jim

We can't just chop and change in UK. If we wanted to try for a price drop we'd have to cancel, lose the deposit and rebook. I know when I booked my upcoming cruise through a US TA, I managed to bag a $400 price reduction. Would never happen over here.

Can I ask how you go about booking through a US travel agent to gain US terms and conditions when living in the UK?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can I ask how you go about booking through a US travel agent to gain US terms and conditions when living in the UK?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Generally the TA terms will be international (similar to RCI's terms). It shouldn't matter what country you're from