Priceline rates for Ft. Lauderdale??

39august

I just did 3 star for $50 and got Holiday Inn Beachfront. There is no shuttle service so we have to pay taxis but even $15 from airport and $10 to pier its a cheaper nicer alternative to the $75 rates for some scary hotel on other bargain websites.

Are you refering to Holiday Inn across the street from the beach in Fort Lauderdale? It's quite some distance north at A1A & Sunrise Blvd., a taxi is going to cost you quite a bit more than $15 from FLL and more than $10 from there to Port Everglades. With the new taxi fares, your estimates are about half of reality.

Just got the Hyatt Pier 66 on Priceline for a bid of $115. This was for April 2, 2006--one night post cruise. Still trying to get something for March 25 pre cruise. It's difficult to tell if these higher prices are "demand" or perhaps we are bidding just a bit early??:confused:

Good Luck!

Kel

Hello I,m also looking for a room near the airport for post cruise on March 12. What was your strategy for winning on priceline?

Thanks in advance Gary:D[/quote

I also tried 3* and keep getting rejected, so tried 2* 60.00 and got it.

It seems that we will all be on the Liberty March 4, 2006.

I have the one on Beach Blvd. The website says 4 miles to the pier and 8 miles to the airport. I did a Mapquest on both and they seem to be correct. We are getting in at midnight so there should be minimal traffic. I know we stayed there last year and I paid the prices I mentioned. I'm sure they have gone up but still cheaper than alternatives.

Expect hotel prices all over South Florida to remain high. Except for some odd one night stays, priceline deals of the past will be few and far in between.

Also, Christmas through mid April is peak season for tourism for South Florida

The following are dates that will drive up hotel prices:

January 13-16th MLK Holiday

February 10-19th President's Week

February 16-19th Miami Int'l Boat Show

March 14th Purim

April 7-23rd Easter Breaks

Bid late last night for a 4* in the DT Ft. Lauderdale zone and was accepted on the first try at $66...Awarded the Renaissance on 17th St. Had been trying for weeks without any luck, but thought that things may change as we hit the 30-day out mark and I was right! Amen...now pre and post cruise hotel plans are firmed up. Just have to wait for 3 more weeks for the fun to begin! :)

As a Canadian how did you use Priceline? It would not allow me to bid.

Any help would be great?

In city entry put YOUR CITYand Alberta, in state put CA. Zip Code enter 99999. It worked for me. For more info I went to Biddingfortravel.com.

Hope this helps.

Mike from New Brunswick

I got the Renaissance 17th St. for Jan 1-3 for 2 rooms for $50 on 1st try. Didn't expect it. Bid 3* for downtown and got upgraded. Have stayed there before and its a great place. Stay away from the Hyatt until you've heard the renovations (all of them) are completed. It was awful when we were there earlier this month.

Last April I bid on a room for March 2006, at Extendedstay America Ft.Lauderdale/Cypress on Southwest 15th Street. I received confirmation from Priceline, however, when I contacted the hotel recently to confirm that they received my Priceline booking, the hotel had no record of the booking. I have an e-mail into Priceline and await their response. Has anyone heard of this mix up before? What if the hotel that I thought I had a room in is now full? Will Priceline refund me?

Last April I bid on a room for March 2006, at Extendedstay America Ft.Lauderdale/Cypress on Southwest 15th Street. I received confirmation from Priceline, however, when I contacted the hotel recently to confirm that they received my Priceline booking, the hotel had no record of the booking. I have an e-mail into Priceline and await their response. Has anyone heard of this mix up before? What if the hotel that I thought I had a room in is now full? Will Priceline refund me?

There are 3 Extended Stay America hotels in Fort Lauderdale... There's the one I recommend on SE 17th Street, that's close to the airport and Port Everglades, and then there's another one in Cypress Creek on Andrews Avenue that's a long way from the port and airport, and then there's a 3rd near Plantation on SW 6th Street that's also far from the airport and port. Perhaps you've confused them???

Archived