Cabin 7236 on the Liberty... question

rene194215

So I have been on a few cruises lol. But I have always been on Riviera or Main midship or forward. I changed my cabin for my upcoming B2B on the Liberty and was just wondering what people's thoughts were being this high. I have heard different things that the higher you go you feel the ship more but then people also say the opposite. Any advice would be appreciated!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have been both lower in the ship and higher but I am not prone to motion sickness so I haven't really noticed a difference. I will be on the liberty a few days before you. I wish I had known about Tim McGraw that will be such a cool sailing.

We typically only book Empress deck 7, balcony midship...this for us has been the perfect location for NOT feeling the motion/movement. DH is prone to motion sickness so he gets the patch for the first couple days (never needs it after that it seems) and as long as our cabin is here it is all good.

There have been a few times that when things are rocking and rolling outside that we have had to forgo the MDR as it is in the bottom aft decks and you can feel everything (even a little nauseating for those of us that are not prone to motion sickness), so we know we would not ever book anything in that area (aft). We also know that you can feel things in greater detail up front as well and stay away from that area.

We know where our sweet spot is and that is what we stick to. We loved our deck 7 balcony on Liberty (one of our fav ships)!

Edited by Drazil65

We have only been lower than Empress once. Every other cruise we have been there. Deck 7 midship has been good to us, and that is usually where we try to go. We were on the Liberty on Empress, but well forward. Only once on that cruise did we feel much movement, but we clipped a pretty good storm and I think everybody felt the ship move that night!

the higher you go the more you pay

the more you pay the more you sway

some people will not feel that sway

Our cabin of choice is the empress by the aft elevator so i onky have to go up 2 decks for food and pools down 2 for entertainment

the only time i need to travel is to go to the show lounge for nightly shows