To Aft or Not to Aft - Navigator of the Seas

leinhto

Is it worth an extra $300 for an Aft Balcony on Navigator OTS? We have an E2 - balcony on the starboard side. Some E1s just became available including several aft balconies. But is the extra $$$ worth it for the aft balcony?

Is it worth $300 to you to have a very large balcony?

On the fence...

Reasons for:

1. Its our 20th year anniversary
  2. We have 2 sea days.

Reasons Against:

1. $300
  2. $300

It's a toss up. Gotta make a call today as final payment is tomorrow.

Help!!??

Special occasion, I'd do it. That way at least you will have experience in an aft balcony and know for the future whether the large balcony and lack of corridor traffic is worth the long walk, vibration, and possiblity of soot.

Special occasion, I'd do it. That way at least you will have experience in an aft balcony and know for the future whether the large balcony and lack of corridor traffic is worth the long walk, vibration, and possiblity of soot.

lack of corridor traffic - hadn't thought of that. Plus, plus

the long walk - i can see the wife complaining...:o

vibration - deck 7. I heard/read this one is overstated.

possiblity of soot - interesting. Haven't heard of that. Is it worse than the sea gulls? :D

possiblity of soot - interesting. Haven't heard of that. Is it worse than the sea gulls? :D

Whether vibration is a nigative is subjective, that's why you need to experience it yourself.

Soot seems to be highly dependent on external conditions combined with timing of certain engine operations.

Did an aft inside cabin on Navigator on on deck 6 and had no issues with vibration. We were only two cabins from the rear of the ship. It was such a non-issue for us that we're doing almost the same cabin again in 56 days.

Why is deck 7 bad???

Or worse than any other deck??

I booked 7388...whoopee!!! Had a little trouble getting the rate advertised on the website ($300 diff) but after pressing they were able to figure it out. Otherwise they were saying the diff was $900😨😨😨. Faint averted.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

DW and I have had 3 aft balconies on 3 different ships. We loved each one. Pros for us, close to the WJ, large deck with a beautiful view, normally very quiet. Soot has not been an issue. The extra walk some complain about is really not that much longer to us. We rationalize it will help us burn off a few extra carbs from all the grazing we do on the ship. If one has a walking disability, the walk may pose more of a challenge. The vibration or excessive vibration, if it ever happened we didn't notice it. Since this is a special occasion, spring for it. :D

Whether vibration is a nigative is subjective, that's why you need to experience it yourself.

Soot seems to be highly dependent on external conditions combined with timing of certain engine operations.

I am surprised that Navigator suffers from vibration I thought she had Azipods, which tend to produce far less vibration that fixed propellers, or is it because the centre pod is fixed and not steering?

Just did 9 days in 7388 last week, loved it. Some vibrations, nothing that would take away from the trip. Remember to bring the hammock...............like there aren't enough loungers and chairs already.

DSCN4704.jpg.bac832de24f34d97fb54bd2d85f4551a.jpg

Edited by L454S

I've had 7388 and 7688. Both cabins are fantastic for the balcony space. Yes, there is vibration when the ship is pulling into or pushing away from the dock, but I didn't think it was so bad. Had 1702 or 1704 on Freedom and didn't feel anything, but we were further up, so 1692 should be fine on Navigator.

I am surprised that Navigator suffers from vibration I thought she had Azipods, which tend to produce far less vibration that fixed propellers, or is it because the centre pod is fixed and not steering?

Navigator does have Azipods. Hopefully our resident Chief Engineer will see this and give us an explanation.

Edited by clarea

We have been in an AFT cabin on Brilliance, Navigator, Freedom and Independence. Love having the extra room on the balcony. We bring a hammock to hang up and waste away on a sea day if the pool deck is crazy busy. Lots of extra room, never a bad view!

JoeRum

Just did 9 days in 7388 last week, loved it. Some vibrations, nothing that would take away from the trip. Remember to bring the hammock...............like there aren't enough loungers and chairs already.

Is it possible to use a hammock in 1692? I have never heard of this? If so what one would you recommend and any idea of a weight? Going for 12 days so we are at the luggage max usually. Thanks for any help.

While I was as not in a aft facing balcony room. I was in 1374 starboard side, this time last year. The vibrations are there, but its not like a constant? Its like a light shudder every now and then, could of been just waves impacting the bow and having a ripple effect through the ship? Swells were 5-9ft some of the sea days.

We have had aft balconies on Voyager on 2 occasion and soot was an issue both times, some days more than others.

We will have 1388 the huge corner aft balcony on Deck 10!!!:cool: Would definitely upgrade for that one!!;)

We had a GS a couple of years ago and showed it during cabin crawl which every one loved but then we visited a nice couple in 1388, what a great cabin and balcony was way bigger than our GS, you will walk a little extra in aft cabins.