Allure of the Seas Prohibition Party

Is this any fun? I've searched the forums for information but the most recent info I am finding is April 2016.

We had a blast a couple of years ago but from what I've read it might depend on the crowd with you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We went to the one on Oasis three times- two were fun ours this past October was one of the worst ship events I have been to in general. The staff didn't want to be there and it was obvious- after 30 minutes they and the band took a 45 minute break for photos. Came back announced their real names and party was pretty much over. I never complain about stuff on vacation - RCCL got an email about this one. $35 was ridiculous for basically 30 minutes of music and to get one drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went to this event on the Oasis in 2015. Didn't care for it much, to be honest. The band was pretty good and the drinks were very nice (to my unsophisticated taste - I am not a connoisseur when it comes to alcoholic beverages). However, the hostess of the evening (a South American young lady, can't remember her name) made the evening pretty unbearable. Her shtick just wasn't in line with the Prohibition theme; instead, she was loud and just obnoxiously hyperactive.

In addition to the music there were some playful competitions - a "best dressed" party for the ladies and some sort of a hat swap game for the gents. (We didn't participate in either, and as two ridiculously introverted Scandinavians we certainly didn't appreciate the hostess' "everybody must participate in the party games, no buts, stand up, come on, do it, let's have fun, hey you two in the corner"-spiel.)

We went to this event on the Oasis in 2015. Didn't care for it much, to be honest. However, the hostess of the evening (a South American young lady, can't remember her name) made the evening pretty unbearable. Her shtick just wasn't in line with the Prohibition theme; instead, she was loud and just obnoxiously hyperactive.

Funny, sounds like we might have had the same "hyperactive" hostess and we loved her high energy. We really had fun on the Oasis in March 2015. But after reading some bad reviews for the Allure we skipped it this last November.

The first time we loved the Party- the show was Chicago and the party doved tailed perfectly. The people at the party were the stars and actors in the show. Many people dressed up in roaring twenties attire. We went again last year. It was horrible, what a disappointment! The staff was not interesting-the jazz band poor and most people walked out within 1/2 hour. We walked out after 45 minutes. Glad one person got their money back- we should have also.

Do not waste your money.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Don't waste your money. We went on Oasis in Dec. There were only about 30 people in attendance. If the room had been full it would have been great. Lots of drinks and food but had just had dinner. It could have been great.

• 4 months later...