Trying to decide on an all-inclusive resort

dresehand

We are going to be traveling with our 17-month-old granddaughter and are hoping to find an all inclusive beach resort for the day. Where do you think would be suitable for a child this young and of course we'd like the food and drinks to be good as well. Some say Playa Mia is good and other say Mr. Sanchos..Help...Recommendations?? and go!!!

We are going to be traveling with our 17-month-old granddaughter and are hoping to find an all inclusive beach resort for the day. Where do you think would be suitable for a child this young and of course we'd like the food and drinks to be good as well. Some say Playa Mia is good and other say Mr. Sanchos..Help...Recommendations?? and go!!!

We went to Allegra with our 18 month grandchild a few years ago - quieter splashground than Playa Mia but Allegra and Occidental were due for renovations after change of ownership so I don't know up there have been any changes.

We have also done Park Royal - no transport necessary from Puerta Maya or International.

Edited by c-leg5

Playa Mia has a kiddie water park that should be perfect for your 17-month old.

If she's happy building sand castles and splashing in shallow waves or the pool I would consider Nachi Cocom - no water toys/water park, just quiet beach with great food/drinks/service.

Mr. Sanchos would be much lower on my list of AIs

I would also consider a large, non-AI club like Paradise Beach with a HUGE pool and great facilities.

Your call. :cool:

We have stayed on land vacations at the Grand Park Royal. It's a nice and modern all inclusive resort without being overly luxurious. The resort is located along the main street just a few steps away from one of the cruise piers (in fact you can closely see the ships docked from the beach). The hotel is adjacent to the Langosta shopping area.

The resort has multiple pools, including a larger pool along the main building, as well as two oceanfront pools (one is an infinity pool with "beach like" access which is ideal for little ones). The beach area is somewhat small but good enough for a quick dip and even a little bit of snorkeling (my six year old tried snorkeling for the first time here and it was very easy since it's a sheltered beach with calm water.

The property also has a small children's club with a kid sized waterslide and a shallow pool as well as a sand play area. Activities are offered but I believe kids need to be three to be left with camp counselors.

We always ate at the buffet restaurant and always considered the food to be excellent.

I recall a small stand with an attendant selling day passes to cruise passengers. Based on the fairly quiet and uncrowded atmosphere, even when there were 6 ships in port, it seems that not many cruisers choose to spend their day at this resort.

The only negative thing to keep in mind is that the resort runs a time share so you may be approached and offered free tickets to various excursions and activities in exchange for your time at a timeshare presentation. Luckily the sales people are not overly pushy and a polite "no thank you"' is all it took to get them off our backs.

Here's a little promotional video which we watched before going and which should give you a pretty accurate idea about what the facilities are like:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Tapi