Hallways to inside cabins (Majesty)

The inside cabins are very small ( aapprox 119 sq feet). and the doors will not be wide enough for a scooter that cannot be folded. The hallways are also narrow to the point that a parked scooter can restrict passage and be a danger. Like some one else said, get a handicapped designated cabin.

The inside cabins are very small ( aapprox 119 sq feet). and the doors will not be wide enough for a scooter that cannot be folded. The hallways are also narrow to the point that a parked scooter can restrict passage and be a danger. Like some one else said, get a handicapped designated cabin.

Hmm, the website of the scooter rentals says they fit into any major cruise line cabin.:confused:

So now I need to be concerned about the cabin door as well as the hallway...

Yeah, parking in a hallway would seem problematic, although I'm sure the ship staff keep that under control.

Hmm, the website of the scooter rentals says they fit into any major cruise line cabin.:confused:

So now I need to be concerned about the cabin door as well as the hallway...

Yeah, parking in a hallway would seem problematic, although I'm sure the ship staff keep that under control.

Definitely depends on the scooter and your personal needs. Suggest posting on the handicapped board. Example, are you able to negotiate bathroom - there is a step up; scooter definitely won't fit; interior room is very small; no room to maneuver and person using would need to be able to walk a bit.

I believe rental companies have requirements for the size of the passenger, therefore, some scooters may fit, especially when they are partially dismantled.

Scooters/strollers etc. cannot be parked in hallways - even though sometimes people attempt to do so. It is a safety regulation.

It's quite true that inside cabins have very narrow doorways....and you MUST keep the scooter/wheelchair IN your cabin.

A cabin that is 119 sq. ft. barely fits 2 people STANDING at the same time. Remember, that 119 sq. ft INCLUDED the bathroom, too...which has a step up into it. I can't even imagine WHERE a scooter would fit!

Definitely depends on the scooter and your personal needs. Suggest posting on the handicapped board. Example, are you able to negotiate bathroom - there is a step up; scooter definitely won't fit; interior room is very small; no room to maneuver and person using would need to be able to walk a bit.

I believe rental companies have requirements for the size of the passenger, therefore, some scooters may fit, especially when they are partially dismantled.

Scooters/strollers etc. cannot be parked in hallways - even though sometimes people attempt to do so. It is a safety regulation.

Aha, the handicap board. Thanks GD.