Poor internet packages

elapel01

Just a few years ago it was nearly impossible to connect at all. No one really HAS to connect but times have changed and people expect to be able to connect. I prefer the old way of unplugging. I like to not be in contact on vacation!

Back then... we COULD NOT cruise because we could not stay in contact, now we can and do....

If you're NoT happy with the limited internet packages, comment to that effect on your post-cruise comment form.

I always take along a composition book, and make notes: good, bad, and ugly. When I get home I create a word document with my comments. When the comment survey arrives, I simply copy & paste the word document in the comment box.

Celebrity is making many buckaroos on this internetprici g; time for them to be called on the carpet for it, especially since it is anything but fast....

If you're NoT happy with the limited internet packages, comment to that effect on your post-cruise comment form.

I always take along a composition book, and make notes: good, bad, and ugly. When I get home I create a word document with my comments. When the comment survey arrives, I simply copy & paste the word document in the comment box.

Celebrity is making many buckaroos on this internetprici g; time for them to be called on the carpet for it, especially since it is anything but fast....

What gets me about the buckaroos is Celebrity was charging $249 in December for unlimited internet for seven days on Reflection. Sister cruise line charged me $10 a day for unlimited internet on Allure of the Seas. How does that make any sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What gets me about the buckaroos is Celebrity was charging $249 in December for unlimited internet for seven days on Reflection. Sister cruise line charged me $10 a day for unlimited internet on Allure of the Seas. How does that make any sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely!!! And their internet is AWFUL.

I've suggested that folks on a roll call band together and split the cost of an unlimited package. The only down side is that only one person can be online at a time; takes some flexibility and patience. But, in the end, it'll save you some $$$$.

Just sayin....

Absolutely!!! And their internet is AWFUL.

I've suggested that folks on a roll call band together and split the cost of an unlimited package. The only down side is that only one person can be online at a time; takes some flexibility and patience. But, in the end, it'll save you some $$$$.

Just sayin....

Their internet has been pretty good my last three cruises since they upgraded to Xcellerate. Almost as good as Royal's Voom. What is awful is their price.

Sharing an unlimited package is pretty easy. When you log on if another device is logged on you can log the other device off from your device. You might need patience if you share with strangers. I cruise with friends so most of the cruise we were hanging out with each other. And none of us needed to be logged in all the time. Sometimes someone had forgotten to log off so I logged them off. No one ever complained about being forced logged off because we knew they were not using it. If you share with strangers it might not work out as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's based on the number of days in your cruise. If you log in to your cruise planner, there should be an option to buy it in advance. Around $250 for a 7-day cruise. If you have status in Captain's Club, you can get a discount. They sometimes sell different packages onboard the ship.

$264 if purchased on the ship. $237 if purchased pre-cruise.

Just a few years ago it was nearly impossible to connect at all. No one really HAS to connect but times have changed and people expect to be able to connect. I prefer the old way of unplugging. I like to not be in contact on vacation!

1) On two recent cruises I have been contacted via e-mail by my bank telling me that my credit card was frozen due to suspicious overseas activity.

This was after telling the bank pre-cruise where I was traveling and when I would be there.

Without getting my e-mail messages, I would not have known what happened and would not have been able to let the bank know the charges were legitimate.

2) On a recent cruise it was necessary to communicate with an independent tour provider several times before reaching that port. Only possible via e-mail as a (expensive) ship-to-shore phone call would not find him answering most of the time.

That may well be, but the normal packages allow you to log in and out at will. So just purchase the one that meets your needs.

When I enquired on Constellation at Christmas I was told continuous means just that, once you log off it's finished, and the price was $24.99. I would buy that if I can use the hour as and when I please, but not otherwise

When I enquired on Constellation at Christmas I was told continuous means just that, once you log off it's finished, and the price was $24.99. I would buy that if I can use the hour as and when I please, but not otherwise

I think we all know what continuous means. Apparently they are now offering such a package. However, this is not the only package offered. There are others, for example, a 90-minute package. If you purchase that package, you have 90 minutes on the internet over the course of your cruise. Not continuous. You log in and out at will.

I think we all know what continuous means. Apparently they are now offering such a package. However, this is not the only package offered. There are others, for example, a 90-minute package. If you purchase that package, you have 90 minutes on the internet over the course of your cruise. Not continuous. You log in and out at will.

This was not offered on Constellation, only 3 packages - 1 hour and 1 day, both continuous, and Unlimited.

We were on the 14 day Eclipse 1/22/17 and a few months prior, my husband purchased the unlimited internet package for $129. ( We are Elite Plus )

In December, he decided to get the internet for me and was able to talk the agent into matching the $129.

It was fantastic! I could surf the web, download books onto my kindle, text friends and read Facebook. The best feature was wifi calling. Instead of buying a calling plan from AT&T, I was able use wifi for phone calls for free. The grandkids loved seeing views of the ship and our cabin with FaceTime.

Pretty sure the only 90 minute package on Reflection at Christmas was the 90 free minutes for Elite. In fact, that was the only package I could see when signing up; the system automatically attempted to apply the Elite coupon (had to go to the iLounge to sign up for unlimited with the discount).