Breakaway 2 Bedroom vs Owners Suite

NJLVW

The OS doesn't really matter for views as you are in the center.

The one benefit I see to a 2 br is some possible reduction in movement if you go 15 as far as back as possible.

When we were on 16 we too only had front/back movement and not side-to-side.

The OS doesn't really matter for views as you are in the center.

The one benefit I see to a 2 br is some possible reduction in movement if you go 15 as far as back as possible.

When we were on 16 we too only had front/back movement and not side-to-side.

You think less movement on 15? Both have rooms almost all the way as far as the suites go. 15 is on the port side, & 16 is on starboard. I so want fwd I am just so fearful. Like I mentioned never been out of NY so not sure of the roughness. With 15' ft swells I may just want to be more mid ship.. I suppose I can forgo the canned soda and bottle waters. :(

You think less movement on 15? Both have rooms almost all the way as far as the suites go. 15 is on the port side, & 16 is on starboard. I so want fwd I am just so fearful. Like I mentioned never been out of NY so not sure of the roughness. With 15' ft swells I may just want to be more mid ship.. I suppose I can forgo the canned soda and bottle waters. :(

You really don't notice the up/down movement. I only really noticed it as I was walking down the halls, and it didn't matter where on the ship I was. Unless you are extremely affected by motion sickness I don't think you'll have problems.

BA is very stable when they put the stabilizers out and fill the ballast tanks.

Linda

One more question... Do you think the seas would be better in March vs February? It may solve many of my problems... Thank you again..

I don't think it will make much difference. You will have the chance of a nor'easter in both months. You just never know. I got redirected to FL and Bahamas instead of Bermuda last October.. It was the 3rd year going to Bermuda and the 1st time I didn't make it there. :p

• 2 weeks later...

I am almost able to make my decision. Just another question please. Seeing as both OS are sold out for the week we are probably going. Which at this point is March. I have decided the 2 bedroom will work. lol Anyway is there a preference as to being on deck 15 vs 16? Starboard vs port? I know there is no starboard for deck 15. I tried to look to see what would be above us if we booked deck 16. Looked like Vibe but really can't tell. Not sure how much noise there would be? Opinions on this once again would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah 1 more thing. I was worried about the all the water & soda with the OS...new latitudes program well we would each get 2 bottles. Should be enough and with the lounge close by I am sure we can walk over for soda! Thanx again.

I am almost able to make my decision. Just another question please. Seeing as both OS are sold out for the week we are probably going. Which at this point is March. I have decided the 2 bedroom will work. lol Anyway is there a preference as to being on deck 15 vs 16? Starboard vs port? I know there is no starboard for deck 15. I tried to look to see what would be above us if we booked deck 16. Looked like Vibe but really can't tell. Not sure how much noise there would be? Opinions on this once again would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah 1 more thing. I was worried about the all the water & soda with the OS...new latitudes program well we would each get 2 bottles. Should be enough and with the lounge close by I am sure we can walk over for soda! Thanx again.

Personally I would do deck 16, starboard. Deck 16 put you on the same level as the Haven courtyard, bar & restaurant. I would try to be as far forward as possible. Starboard will put you on the same side as the SOL. But really you can't go wrong. 😁

Linda

How do the beverage and dining packages work when you have all adults in the 2 bedroom suites?

###

Only the first two people get the package. With 4 adults, you're better off just getting two separate courtyard rooms or better yet 2 separate haven spa suites.

Whenever we've priced Haven rooms, it seems to be around the same price, no matter if it's 2 or 4 people. Getting separate rooms give you privacy and you all get all the incentives

I'd go with 15. It is so quiet there and you just take a small staircase inside the Haven to get to the lounge, courtyard and restaurants. We've sailied in the 2 bedroom 15104 twice already and I have it booked again. You can't beat 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. :D

Vibe is above the 16th floor rooms on the Port side. It's supposed to be pretty quiet from what I understand. The Vibe is a place for adults only who want to get away from the crowds and noise. I just got a Penthouse at the far forward Port side of Haven for February.

As for the rough seas, I have noticed that people who grew up around boats, tend to not really notice (until you get back on land :rolleyes:). I personally sleep like a baby whenever there is a storm at sea. rocks me to sleep. :)

Remember there is also a nice outdoor deck on top for Haven guests as well. Along with the enclosed deck to lounge out and relax. Either way, you will have a wonderful time. :D

Personally I would do deck 16, starboard. Deck 16 put you on the same level as the Haven courtyard, bar & restaurant. I would try to be as far forward as possible. Starboard will put you on the same side as the SOL. But really you can't go wrong. 😁

Linda

Thank you. Kind of what I was thinking. A short walk to anything I need. :D

Norma

I'd go with 15. It is so quiet there and you just take a small staircase inside the Haven to get to the lounge, courtyard and restaurants. We've sailied in the 2 bedroom 15104 twice already and I have it booked again. You can't beat 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. :D

Thank you. So right about the 2 bathrooms. Plus I am telling myself we don't need to have a huge balcony as we have access to the sundeck!

Norma

Vibe is above the 16th floor rooms on the Port side. It's supposed to be pretty quiet from what I understand. The Vibe is a place for adults only who want to get away from the crowds and noise. I just got a Penthouse at the far forward Port side of Haven for February.

As for the rough seas, I have noticed that people who grew up around boats, tend to not really notice (until you get back on land :rolleyes:). I personally sleep like a baby whenever there is a storm at sea. rocks me to sleep. :)

Remember there is also a nice outdoor deck on top for Haven guests as well. Along with the enclosed deck to lounge out and relax. Either way, you will have a wonderful time. :D

Uh oh now I am real confused. With all the pictures I have seen the Vibe has been on the starboard side deck 17 unless I am looking at the picture wrong. Could someone please verify that starboard is right and port is left. So the numbers would be say 15104 for port side and if it were 16704 it is starboard. Sorry for all the questions..but thank you in advance for helping me.

Norma

Uh oh now I am real confused. With all the pictures I have seen the Vibe has been on the starboard side deck 17 unless I am looking at the picture wrong. Could someone please verify that starboard is right and port is left. So the numbers would be say 15104 for port side and if it were 16704 it is starboard. Sorry for all the questions..but thank you in advance for helping me.

Norma

You are correct. That's why I recommended being as far forward as possible. Vibe is above the starboard rooms that are towards the restaurant. On the port side there is a public sundeck.

Linda

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Vibe is actually on the starboard side - port side has public sundeck.

Norma

All of what you say is correct.

Thank you everyone. Once again..Now to wait to see if I can get the week off to go. Hopefully I won't lose any more rooms. :(.

I will say I just looked at some pictures of the Vibe and I don't think there would be a lot of noise above us where it would be bothersome. We are early risers and I wouldn't think anyone would be laying out in the evening and if they were it would probably be quiet. :eek: There are only a few on starboard side left so I guess I will have to open to whatever we can get.