OUTRAGEOUS prices on Celebrity cruises...

teecee60

It nice to see some bargains out there, however the cruises that I look at to book just seem to get more expensive.

I think Celebrity's prices have gone up more than the other cruise lines in the past couple of years. Of course, the perks are added, but never seem to make up for the price increases.

We compared a cruise out of Sydney to NZ in Fall of 2018 and compared with RCI. The Celebrity fares were more than DOUBLE the RCI fares, even when you add some for a promo, it ran more than $2000 more.

Once AGAIN... Celebrity is demanding RIDICULOUS prices... :eek:

The 13 night transatlantic cruise on Eclipse, from Miami to Southampton is $699pp!

The military rate is a predatory $499pp... but of course not everyone gets THAT deal.

Taxes, fees, and port expenses are an additional $128pp... which just puts the price completely out of reach.

I'm guessing this is the Westbound this April. a) transatlantics are often the least expensive cruises per night. b) even for a transatlantic this has limited ports c) no drinks package so ok for those that drink little or factor in high onboard drink prices or a package and finally d) it's less than 3 months away so yes it's a low price. Not knocking your deal but you cannot compare a late booking transatlantic with regular cruise itineraries and prices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm guessing this is the Westbound this April. a) transatlantics are often the least expensive cruises per night. b) even for a transatlantic this has limited ports c) no drinks package so ok for those that drink little or factor in high onboard drink prices or a package and finally d) it's less than 3 months away so yes it's a low price. Not knocking your deal but you cannot compare a late booking transatlantic with regular cruise itineraries and prices.

Yes, but I believe you meant Eastbound.

We're booked on the transpacific, Vancouver to Tokyo, in September on the Millennium. Fifteen nights for $839 (plus taxes/fees) in a 2A balcony for a military rate. There were similar rates for seniors and residents. At $56/night, it's almost cheaper than staying home. Using FF miles for flight back to US in business class.

Edited by BBsails

We booked a 10 day cruise on the Equinox for $1625 per person including taxes, Port fees. It includes all four perks. So 10 days grats $270, $300 obc, unlimited Internet and premium drink package. We would spend a minimum of $1000 on drinks for 10 days So even without counting the internet that is $1570 savings. Net 1625x2-1570=$1580 for 2. I am happy any time it is less than a $100 per day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The pricing is not exclusive to a single travel agency. I can assure you that it can be accessed by any agent who has use of the Celebrity travel agent portal.

We are spending $50 per person per day for transportation, dining, accommodations and entertainment. I don't drink so there is no issue. We are Elite so DH will have to make do with happy hour drinks and an occasional beer. I consider this a good value anyway you look at it.

We love Bermuda and haven't been to Lisbon, so these ports and the restful sea days suit us fine. My friend in England gave me a heads up that the weekend we disembark is a holiday in the UK. She thinks hotel prices may be a bit higher due to the holiday.

Transatlantic repositioning cruises are among the best bargains in the entire cruise industry. This is not exclusive to Celebrity and happens on most cruise lines (including several of the Ultra luxury lines). When we retired (12 years ago) we would do 2-4 of these repo cruises every year....and would often get a balcony cabin for no more then $60 per passenger day. But these days, many other retirees have discovered the wonders of repo cruises (with their many lazy sea days) so one sometimes needs to shop around for the best deal.

Hank

Now they dropped the price even further!!! Only $449pp for an inside, $649 for a balcony. :eek: :D :rolleyes:

AND... just to "add insult to injury" the agency is kicking in $100 OBC!

Edited by teecee60

Once AGAIN... Celebrity is demanding RIDICULOUS prices... :eek:

The 13 night transatlantic cruise on Eclipse, from Miami to Southampton is $699pp!

The military rate is a predatory $499pp... but of course not everyone gets THAT deal.

Taxes, fees, and port expenses are an additional $128pp... which just puts the price completely out of reach.

Higher $$$ for less quality.