Is it Worth the Wait to "On Board Book"

GStonelake

I'm "eyeing" a cruise in May 18 and another in Jan 19. I'm taking a cruise in Nov 17. What are the benefits (if any) of waiting until I'm on board in Nov to book both.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are great benefits to booking onboard, but I like booking the very first day a cruise is released. Got a fantastic deal on a suite with all four perks at a price that has gone up steadily after just two months, and over $1,300. have also gotten great deals booking onboard and after final payment. So, having said all of that, if the type and location of the cabin is important to you, book earlier. If it doesn't matter, book when you feel the time is right. There are good deals and there are great deals; one never knows until final payment...or beyond how good or great it will be. I have booked onboard for better benefits, transferred to my TA for excellent OBC and felt great about it. I have also booked the very first day, gotten all four perks, transferred to my TA and felt super...if you feel like you have a good deal, keep watching the prices for even a better deal...it happens, but it takes patience, luck and timing...good luck...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

There are great benefits to booking onboard, but I like booking the very first day a cruise is released. Got a fantastic deal on a suite with all four perks at a price that has gone up steadily after just two months, and over $1,300. have also gotten great deals booking onboard and after final payment. I have booked onboard for better benefits, transferred to my TA for excellent OBC and felt great about it. I have also booked the very first day, gotten all four perks, transferred to my TA and felt super...if you feel like you have a good deal, keep watching the prices for even a better deal...it happens, but it takes patience, luck and timing...good luck...

Largely agree with above - go on trip with your 'target' future sailing, having your TA info to include then. I regularly do onboard booking for possible future cruise but OFTEN later react to new opportunities (including upgrades on target sailing if prices improve). The 'onboard' benefits usually transfer, e.g. low deposit, OBC. HAPPY CRUISING

I'm "eyeing" a cruise in May 18 and another in Jan 19. I'm taking a cruise in Nov 17. What are the benefits (if any) of waiting until I'm on board in Nov to book both.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since you live in the US and can cancel with no penalty then there is no downside to booking those cruises now and then deciding once on board whether it's a better deal.

Neither cruise will be past final payment date.

If you are using a TA just make sure THEY have no cancellation penalties. Some do.

There are great benefits to booking onboard, but I like booking the very first day a cruise is released. Got a fantastic deal on a suite with all four perks at a price that has gone up steadily after just two months, and over $1,300. have also gotten great deals booking onboard and after final payment. So, having said all of that, if the type and location of the cabin is important to you, book earlier. If it doesn't matter, book when you feel the time is right. There are good deals and there are great deals; one never knows until final payment...or beyond how good or great it will be. I have booked onboard for better benefits, transferred to my TA for excellent OBC and felt great about it. I have also booked the very first day, gotten all four perks, transferred to my TA and felt super...if you feel like you have a good deal, keep watching the prices for even a better deal...it happens, but it takes patience, luck and timing...good luck...

So booking as soon as a sailing is listed makes a lot of sense to me does celebrity have a set time that they list there cruises for the first time or other cruise lines for that matter if you have any experience with them. We are on our first celebrity cruise in January 2018 so we booked over a year in advance. We have a concierge class aft balcony and it seems like when you book cabins like this it is hard to get a better deal but in watching our roll call seems that people who booked earlier may have gotten some better prices. Thanks for any insight you can offer

Jeff

So booking as soon as a sailing is listed makes a lot of sense to me does celebrity have a set time that they list there cruises for the first time or other cruise lines for that matter if you have any experience with them. We are on our first celebrity cruise in January 2018 so we booked over a year in advance. We have a concierge class aft balcony and it seems like when you book cabins like this it is hard to get a better deal but in watching our roll call seems that people who booked earlier may have gotten some better prices. Thanks for any insight you can offer

Jeff

My experience over the last 5 yrs w X is that 1) the earliest prices are lowest 2) booking onboard gets lowest deposit and OBC 3) is transferable to different future booking if plans change 4) positions you to pounce on later price adjustments (depending on sailing, Concierge cabin prices can drop 00's briefly to move inventory)

On Pac-Coastal onboard booking I got Bev Pkg choice when website was only offering $300 cabin OBC. ( E+ may have factored) OR, more likely, I just came across as a heck of a nice guy! ;)

However, if they come out with BOGO offer, March Madness?, or other short-term promo (outside if final), you'll have to price out the new terms/perks against your current - no perk double-dip.

Once you bought in a cabin category, watch if better location opens up (e.g. cancellations in month before final) and you can switch under your existing price.

I also just found out you (TA?) can have 1 preferred 'booked' cabin entered as waitlist in res system to be notified if it opens up later. BUT its more fun to check yourself every other day.

HAPPY CRUISING

Edited by greydog