Embarking times and questions

nevin-deb

First time cruiser here.

We are going out of port canaveral, flying into Orlando.

Majesty of the seas on May 1

I have a rental car the day before the cruise. My reservation with enterprise has me dropping off the car at 10 am and having them take us to the cruise terminal.

Maybe questions are:

Will they drop us where we need to be for our ship? My mom cannot walk that far of distances and certainly not while trying to manage luggage.

I figure if I drop the car off at 10 am by the time enterprise shuttles us to the terminal it will be 10:30-11:00. Is this too early?

We basically don't want to be standing in lines for a long time (as my mom cannot stand that long)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You will be dropped in front of the cruise terminal entrance, where porters will take your bags. There is some walking to do to get though security, to the check-in lines, and then to the waiting area to board. You might want to consider a wheelchair, or one of those walker/seat combination things.

I think your timing is fine.

Edited by clarea

I think the wheelchair approach would be the way to go. You should be able to check in when you get there, but you likely won't be able to board the ship until 11:45am - 12:00pm. I would touch base with Royal Caribbean as well so they can have somebody there to assist you.

Are you dropping off your car at the airport or downtown? We dropped it off downtown and the wait for the shuttle was very long, since it was very busy.

Cindy

We are gong to be dropping the car off at the enterprise/national building near the cape. I think it is on Merritt st or road.

Sent from my iPad using Forums